Removing a Nennie from glass - Help

lIghty

Purple Tang
Reaction score
hi chaps,

Long story short, I need to move my nennie from my one tank to the other as to treat my fish with copper, but when I got to my nennie, he has attached himself to the glas, how do I get him loose ASAP.

thx in advance.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
not to sure of any other ways but i have used a carpet blade to gently edge the foot off by sliding it under the foot.. but this can only be done if the anem is on glass and must be done carefully.. good luck...

Shaun

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Sunday nights are usually quiet, sorry can't help. My experience with them is leave them were they are happy.

The only suggestions I have is put ice on the other side of the glass or use a power head to try gentle blow it, I think some people use credit cards to try remove them.

If it is high up on the glass try removing some water to expose the nennie.
The general idea it to piss it off so that it will move.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
be careful of taking it too far out of the water as they cannot hold their weight out of water they will tear.. slowly is the important word here...tell us more about the systems troubles perhaps there is another way to solve it?

lIghty

Purple Tang
Reaction score
thanks guys, manage to get him off, just one of those thing you use to clean a glass stove, like a paint scraper, but with a stanley blade, no sign of any damage and came off quite easily. thx