remove anemone from live rock

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by Difficult marine, 20 Dec 2011.

1. Difficult marine

Difficult marine

Hi guy

my bubble anemone move up and down and kill my coral.I want take him out.What is the best way to remove anemone from live rock? Anyone can share your experience.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. chikaboo

chikaboo

Your safest option requires lots of patience (nothing new in this hobby) but this works very well .... Take a container that you want the nemmie to sit in and fill it three quarter full with tank water, then take the rock where the nemmie is attached and turn it upside down and allow its tentacles to just about touch the surface of the water in the container ... it must "feel" the water in the container and yearn to go into it .... This is a surefire way of getting it to come loose from the liverock and the least amount of stress for the nemmie .... Bear in mind there's no hard and fast rule time wise but it will surely work .....

4. vincentputter

vincentputter I love Nayn cat!

I have no experience with the removal of nems but the way my friend does It Is by holding the rock upside down in the water and then he gently shakes the rock untill he comes off. There are plent of methods, just google It (powerhead method, credit card method, Ice cube method ect.).

5. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Take a small pump and aim it at it's foot and gently blow it off bit by bit - emphasis on small pump and gently blow ;)

6. Difficult marine

Difficult marine Thread Starter

I will try ...thanks you guy

Recent Posts