Rehousing Nennies

Reaction score
Hi guys as i am busy with a tank upgrade i will have to move my 2 nennies over to their new and hopefully improved house.

i will be using most of my current DT 's water to fill the new tank. My question is however what would the impact be on the nennies as the new tank would obviously not be as "stable" as the one they are currently in

Any advice please..I am really attached to the guys and haved worked hard to slowly start getting them back to health (they were ash white when i got them and has finally started showing coulor)

use seachem stability or prodibio to aid in stability for maybe two months after the change,if you are using your old live rock and water then make sure you keep it well aerated and heated during the move to ensure minimal die of...the nennies should be fine..:) i'm sure you'll keep their lighting needs etc in mind now as you have the experience.

use seachem stability or prodibio to aid in stability for maybe two months after the change,if you are using your old live rock and water then make sure you keep it well aerated and heated during the move to ensure minimal die of...the nennies should be fine..:) i'm sure you'll keep their lighting needs etc in mind now as you have the experience.

Thanks for the advice Falcon, luckily the move is just from one room to the next and my current DT will be running up until the moment of the actual move and both the new tanks will be cycling for a while with seeded sandbeds (going to use some from my current DSB) and LR from my sump. I have learnt a lot of patience since joining MASA ;) and still have a tank to look at while waiting:whistling:

Hopefully enough preperation will make the difference

yeah maybe do water changes between the two tanks(say 50lt) once a week to make the tanks as similar as possible bro.

frans do you target feed them?. i got a lot of very small ones that came with l/rock most of them are bright red and i wonder how to feed them.

frans do you target feed them?. i got a lot of very small ones that came with l/rock most of them are bright red and i wonder how to feed them.

Yip Ben I feed mine evry third day with chopped fish / prawns / mussels etc, but mine are store bought ones and quite big, maybe try the coke bottle trick with finely chopped marinara mix....almost like feeding sun corals ?

What filtration will you be using on the temporary tank? What other livestock will be kept in there?

Hi Anemone...there will be no temporary tank...setting up a whole new system with skimmer, sump DSB etc, cycling ( I was thinking 3 weeks more or less, in the meantime they will stay in my current DT) wait water added from my current DT (taken while doing WC) any ideas ?

Definately heavily seed the sand bed. Test water parameters daily and have water ready to do a large water change if needed.

Back
Top Bottom