Reggies Play Sand

dogstar

Chromis
Reaction score
Guys,

Just to let you know, I went to Reggies here in the south (the Glen), to get some play sand for my DSB. They dont stock it!

How disappointing :(

I will have to phone up a few branches and find one that does stock it. I was gonna use pool filter sand, cause i got a pool shop down the road, but the only sell 40 Kg bags, i wont use half of that.

So moral of the story, if you looking for play sand be sure to call the store first and check that they have stock.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Surely they can order for you or let them get it from another branch for you ;)

dogstar

Chromis
Reaction score
Surely they can order for you or let them get it from another branch for you ;)
Ah i forgot to aski if they can bring it from another branch. I will phone and ask them tomorrow.

dogstar

Chromis
Reaction score
ah guy, i was laughing at myself too.

More is nog a dag.

Only started filling my tank today. Water takes so long to become RO water.

seank

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
Paid R 70.00 for playsand at the Reggies Richards Bay Branch. Got the same sand (couple of bags) from their Pretoria branch at R30.00 a bag. Huge difference in price

Andreas

Flame Angel
Reaction score
Paid R 70.00 for playsand at the Reggies Richards Bay Branch. Got the same sand (couple of bags) from their Pretoria branch at R30.00 a bag. Huge difference in price
That's a big price difference.I payed R40 at TOYSRUS.What do they go for at buildr warehouse jacques because I need another bag

Frankie

Hermit Crab
Reaction score
Is play sand really save in a marine aquaruim? My friend was actually asking about this?

RiaanP

Reaction score
Yes you can use playsand. It is inert, meaning it will not leach silicate as some guys do believe. Well, maybe by the time it does, your great great great grand children might have inherited the tank by then.

As mentioned. Wash it a lot of times until clean. Easier to clean a bit at a time than a full bucket.