Regal and sleeper goby just gone?

Reaction score
Hey Guys

My sleeper goby went missing 2 weeks ago, and there is no corps.
This week my littel baby regal tang is gone?
Chould this meen i have a murderer in my tank?
I have a very very big bristel star in, that i feed shrimp, can it maybe be that he got hungry and tackeld my goby and then for desert a week later took my "blue berry" reagal tang???
I also have a nemmie?(but i don't think she will do something to my fishes,i feed her every 2nd day with shrimp)
I feed my bristel star once a week.

What type is the bristlestar? is it a large green one? they are usually called "the green death" because they predate on sleeping fish

Yeah - you right Wee-Man - could perhaps be a hairy gorilla crab as well? Lanxo - do you perhaps have a red legged hermit crab (with blue/white spots on the legs - very hairy leggs)? This could also be the culprit. Also - do you have a nemmie? A nemmie could also be the culprit.... If the "sleeping fish" end up somewhere close to the nemmie's tentacles...

i'll add a pic later.
No i don't have a hairy Hermit, but i do have a nenne.
But my regal always slept in a rock at the other side of the tank far away from my nenie, and my goby slept under a rock in the middel of my tank also far away from nennie.
Weard stuff???

i'm a bit colour blind, cant tell the dif between gray and green.
I can see something that is grass green or neon green but not a "dowe" green.:whistling:

But i think it is gray with white and black paterns on it, and he is bigger than my hand and he comes out at day time.

i'm a bit colour blind, cant tell the dif between gray and green.
I can see something that is grass green or neon green but not a "dowe" green.:whistling:

But i think it is gray with white and black paterns on it, and he is bigger than my hand and he comes out at day time.

What does it look like - Seastar ?

IMG]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/lanzo_1/DSC01176.jpg[/IMG]
o.k my big bristel star that a fed(littel shrimp).

FuNkY!!!!!!!!!!:yeahdude:

52847b36fa493e60.jpg

Nice looking star. I haven't seen this species before. This maybe your problem, the previously listed "Green death" is a bristle star and attacks and eats fish.

And if there is not enough "dead" food around they will hunt for food, sleeping fish been an easy catch.

If you going to keep that star you need to target feed him fresh food, like hake/white fish

i bought this "MOOI" blue starfish today, will my marbelstar and bristelstar be o.k with the new blue star?

I fed him once a week for a year and a half now.
Shrimp?
Is this o.k?

They will eat anything.

Problem with stars is they have strange metabolism. When they eat, they are pigs. But they also can go without food for months. With the size of this dude you need to be feeding him 3 times a week and feeding him as much food as he will take.

Example: I have seastar 60mm in diameter, he eats a 50c piece size of hake everyday. that would be the equivalent of your star eating a nice size tang everyday.

Now, I reckon your star needs a bit more food, but if he is eating your fish, that will never change. You need to watch that carefully and keep his tummy full.

HAHAHA o.k cool stuff, but i'll sell him on ebay if he looks like godzilla!!:lol:

What about my new blue seastar will he coupe with my marbel and bristel, and what does he eet.( i got him for a special R100)

HAHAHA o.k cool stuff, but i'll sell him on ebay if he looks like godzilla!!:lol:

What about my new blue seastar will he coupe with my marbel and bristel, and what does he eet.( i got him for a special R100)

Generally Blue star will eat detritus, not hunters, but once again you need to becareful, if you see your stars constantly on the glass panes of the tank,it means they can't find enough food in your reef and they want to go elsewhere.

As said before these creatures will live for ages without food and will slowly starve to death.

Same as before, you need to target feed this unit and any other seastar.

If they don't want to eat,it maybe to late. You need to watch this because these creatures will go and die under your LR and cause a major ammonia spike or other shit.

NB: Target feed or they will die.

O.k cool stuff!
I have never ever fed my marbelstar for 2 years.(does this mean he is o.k?)
i'll feed all 3 shrimp from now.
Does seastars fight????

Back
Top Bottom