Reeman's Setup

Reaction score
Hi Guys here is my setup. Any advice welcome......

24092008274.gif

24092008275.gif

24092008276.gif

24092008279.gif

welcome bud:) nice to see a new tank comming up.

give us your dimensions and things :) what do u plan to keep in the tank?

just out of interest what do you intend to keep? sps, lps fish only? any ideas?

Dimensions are 1200x500x500 going to start off with fish only for now, after that i am going to start with a few softies and leathers, but havent decided on the coral thing yet

hmmm nice dimensions, perhaps a little narrow for scaping but you should get good light peneration with that depth.

is that bio rock that you have in there, or just newly placed live rock?

i would suggest getting as good quality and as much as you can afford LR as its the lungs of your system, but for fish only you should be ok with less rather than more:) but if u go corrals look at as much good quality as you can afford, or fit:)

Nice looking simple sump set up you have too:)

what sort of lights do you have in the hood? looks like abank of flourecense, are they t5's or t8s and how many?

That is bio-rock in there. I have got lots more, but i dont really like the shape, its quite difficult to aquascape with them.

The lights are T8 tubes 2x Power GLO and a Marine GLO.
I think it gives off good light for the size tank.

very lovley and neat set up! an excellent start from day one.. good selection of skimmer and an overall managable capacity.. i see great things for this tank...

ok cool:)
I have lots of bio rock and once its aged a bit looks great under the reef, but i personally far prefer LR for a tank for its processing for filtration, and with a smaller system its just where I would go to:)

i must say your tank does look nice cant wait to see it grow out:)

T8's should be fine to light up your fish, but you may need more and better quality lights if you go for corrals, just keep it in mind

thanks les. It is my second time around. made alot of mistakes first time round, but i suppose you learn from them. I think this things will be much better this time.

Nice setup :thumbup: and WELCOME to MASA and to the hobby.

Any advice welcome......

I would increase the depth of the sand in the sump, and make some sort of lid to cover the sump compartment where the water flows into the sump - this will cut down on noise, and (more importantly) prevent salt creep caused by the spray/bubbles from messing up everything. Oh, and don't leave the hydrometer floating in the sump permanently, as it will become covered in algae and/or calcium deposit, which will affect it's accuracy.

Hennie

Thanks Hennie

I want to Put 2x Seio M820 3200L/h power heads in the tank. will this be enough for flow?

Setup is looking good;) As Hennie said,you could also just glue another 2 X 32mm pipes so that the outlet lies in the water.This will help with noise and salt creep.

You are going to have to replace the filter wool very often as it picks up a lot of detritus.Otherwise it looks good:thumbup:

Thanks Andreas

Was planning on replacing the filter wool once a week.

Hoping somebody can give some advice on the Seio's i want to put in

there are some lovley new prop pumps on the market rated 2000lph and 3800lph they are cosmetically appealing aswell..

Hi and welcome Reeman!! Looking great, I would just suggest you replace the wool at least every 36hrs as they could lead to nitrate problems if left too long! In the FO high nitrates wouldn't be too big a problem except it would lead to some very nasty and unsightly algae outbreaks.

Nice Start Reeman! I would remove the silencer on the airpipe on the skimmer. It will restrict airflow a LOT reducing the capability of the skimmer.

BTW: how many liters of water do you have in total?

Back
Top Bottom