Reeftek kalkwasser instructions

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by gaboon, 26 Jul 2008.

1. gaboon

gaboon

Does anyone have the instructions for this, or a link? Have googled but no luck so far. Thanks.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ross

Ross

Do you kneed to know how to assemble it or use it?

4. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Please tell us what you need to know Gaboon.Im sure i or our other members might beable to help out.

5. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Gaboon - I don't use it (never have). But, I have used the SeaChem ReefBuilder....
    I can only think that you mix it up EXACTLY the same way you mix up other kalkwasser.... The difference being, I think that the SeaChem product is a different Calcium compound.... not calcium hydroxide...

Perhaps post the actual calcium compound and we can assist better...

6. Mekaeel

Jacques,I think Gaboon means the Reeftek Kalk reactor.

7. gaboon

gaboon Thread Starter

A bit embarrassing, I just want the instructions that explain how to hook it up, bought it 2nd hand. I need illustrations.:whistling:

8. Ross

Ross

Howdy

Ok let me try do this and not confuse you or me to much.

You need to connect one of the tubes from the top of the reactor to your RO top up pump. (I am assuming you do have a top up). The one to connect to is the tube that is not in the center and goes right to the bottom of the reaction chamber.

I put a one way on this as it will siphon back if your top up is lower than the reactor which mine is.

The tube that is in the center of the reaction chamber is the one that goes to your tank/sump. There should be a valve on this to help you control the flow. Put this into your return chamber in the sump where the float switch is for the return pump.

What will happen now is that as your tank needs top up, water from the top up is pushed to the bottom of the reaction chamber and forces water out the top into the tank.

Not sure what size unit you have but put about half a cup of kalk in the reactor and then let it fill with RO. You should set the Kalk stirrer on a timer to mix every 3 to 4 hours. The pump will come on and mix up the kalk for you. You will have a milky mix in the bottom half of the ractor and then clear in the top.

I hope that makes sense, if not I will try take a few pics for you to try and explain it a little better.

By the way, some people only let the return pump kalk back at night to try control PH. I just let mine top up when it wants to as I only have a nano and use abot 4 liters a week so it is only dumping a small amount of kalk at a time.

Ross

viper357 likes this.
  9. Mekaeel

Gaboon,Is this what you have?​

[​IMG]

10. gaboon

gaboon Thread Starter

Thanks Ross, makes perfect sense. Thats the one mekaeel.

11. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Ah ok - thanks Mekaeel.... I don't know where my mind is sometimes! ;-) Cheers, mate!

Recent Posts