Reefers in Paarl Wellington Franschhoek area

Discussion in 'Local Reefing Clubs' started by frans, 5 Apr 2008.

1. frans

frans

:thumbup: Hi all My name is Frans and I want to set up a support group for the Paarl valley to help other members in the area and to check tanks for members on holliday ect.
    I live between Paarl and Franschhoek and it would be super to have someone to chat with and swap frags help with backup systems , water ect.
    please email me if you are interested.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. crispin

crispin

darn i spend all week in paarl, welington and stelli this week. back in jhb now but if i am back there again I will give you a shout and maybe i can view your system?

4. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hi Frans - I know it's a bit far for you, BUT, you can check out the Cape Town Reef Club (CTRC) at: CTRC :: Index

Perhaps it might be worth it to come through to the next meeting, IF possible at all. You can meet everyone - and perhaps find a few reefers closer to you?

5. HenkHugo

HenkHugo

I'm always game to meet for a beer somewhere.... Jac maak 'n plan man :D

6. Muz

Muz

Frans, I don't know many reefers out that side of the world ( except you ) maybe come through to the CTRC meetings and as the membership grows maybe we can split the club to include your region. I know the JHB guys are already looking to do this as they hit 50+ members very quickly.

It will also give you the opportunity to see how we run things, get on the same page so to speak, then we can look for members out that side.

Do you have an LFS there that sells marines or do you treck into CT for your livestock ?

Muz

7. frans

frans Thread Starter

Hi Mus Ive been to most of the C Town meetings just banned from driving due to a neck injury till sat, so couldnt make it to your place fo rthe last meeting and i was so looking forward to seeing your corner hybrid as I want to do exactly the same thing.
    Cheers Frans
    Crispin give me a pm or email, you r welcome to come look. ive onls a small 90cm tank but u r always welcome.

8. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hey Frans - we drove past Simondium a few weekends ago (me and the wife). Next time we visit Franschhoek I will call you. Would you mind PM'ing me your cell-number?
    Thanks, man.

9. frans

frans Thread Starter

Hey we now have 3 reefkeepers in Paarl but no reply from other areas, so if you peoplehear of anyone , please ask them to pm or email me.
    thanks a lot Frans

Recent Posts