Reef Keepers Look Here

Reaction score
Hello, lately ive been curious. I hardly ever see any tanks over 2000L, so I was thinking why don't we just make one up.:razz: Everyone "U can go wild here" will be able to share ideas on how they would setup something larger, maby converting something like this? :whistling:

moo.jpg

(Note: This is some random Googled picture, i have no idea how many liters it is, but lets just say its 25000L-50000L for learning purposes. :whistling:)

Requirements are simple;

1) You gotta tell us how u would modify this old fashioned pool into a marine paradise (A-Z info required)
2) Hardware you will use to keep the fishy s alive
3) How u will maintain it (Water Changes, ect)
4) What type of environment u would setup inside (Rocks, Gravel ect)
5) And lastly what marine life you would stock.

There is no price limit on anything since this is just a case scenario :lol:. This could also help a fellow reefer one day when the wife finally allows the backyard to be dug up *whistles* ;). To everyone who posts, I wish u luck. Maby if this becomes popular the Admins could make it a contest if they wanted:whistling:. Anyways that's me for now ile check back later to see your posts if any.

Last edited:
Some huge skimmers a reef with 2 black tip reef sharks.

Last edited by a moderator:
just one great white, feed him whole cows once a week, should be fine!

:lol: :lol: that would be a scene!

if that was my "marine pond"
loads of live rock, huge skimmers! lots of yellow tangs! 30+

Waiting for a lot of stuff Gaz, once everything is in place, then the pics will come, as well as the @#$% Mango tree that is getting taken down bit by bit daily

how many liters you planning?
will it be yours?

Alan planted the seed when he was here, as well as the 22 000 lt pond that was visited my him and Dragonreef. So yes, looking at about 10 000 - 15 000 lt pond, just need to do a bit more planning regarding the skimmers as it is going to be Diy (By someone else as I do not have the patience to drill holes, change impellors for the right amount of bubbles etc). Then there is the issue regarding rain as we do get a lot of rain here, but like I said, busy on all of the stuff. Will talk once I'm ready;)

And because of you and your Black Tips, I am seriously cleaning ground where the old pond was Alan- You bad influence...:razz::whistling::yeahdude:
Wonderful Sean, this will be an awsum project, i would really like to be involved if you need a hand, i have gone over this so many times in my head its scary. Quite a few things that have to be considered when wanting to keep these creatures.

put one rock in with a mantis:p
feed him snails until he gets big enough to be getting kids for lunch....mmm what you say ocean you volunteer to jump in first?

Wonderful Sean, this will be an awsum project, i would really like to be involved if you need a hand, i have gone over this so many times in my head its scary. Quite a few things that have to be considered when wanting to keep these creatures.

Will definately make use of your services, but like I said, the ground clearing, tree felling and building the pond is carrying on, only the money for the big things...Eish

Back
Top Bottom