redsea Berlin XL

Wetty

Tuned by Tunze, turboed by Red Sea
Reaction score
Any thorts on this skimmer....any advise or worries? Im thinking of buying one.

Also any thorts on the Red Sea C102 skimmer?

Wetty - I would rather save some more money, and get either of the ReefTek TS2 or ReefOctopus DNW200 skimmers.....
The needle-wheel pump makes the biggest difference....

BUT - then again, it's your tank, your money.... :)

Wetty - I would rather save some more money, and get either of the ReefTek TS2 or ReefOctopus DNW200 skimmers.....
The needle-wheel pump makes the biggest difference....

BUT - then again, it's your tank, your money.... :)

Are they much better? But doesnt the Red Sea range have needlewheels?

I do not know of any Red Sea models that have "needle wheel" impellers. Red Sea have their own design, which is a "turbo impeller" - basically a standard impeller with 19 or 20 blades or something like that..... this works OK, but still not as good as the needle / pin wheel designs....

I do not know of any Red Sea models that have "needle wheel" impellers. Red Sea have their own design, which is a "turbo impeller" - basically a standard impeller with 19 or 20 blades or something like that..... this works OK, but still not as good as the needle / pin wheel designs....

I see. Iv got my eye on that new skimmer of theirs...C102. But its gona be pricey

Maybe I shud consider those brands

Its a matter of what you can afford at the moment.. The berlin can be modified by removing the inner sleeve of acrylic and adding a needle wheel pump to supply more air water mixture... they can be very effective as seen in the pics in the lonk.. FYI these skimmers were one of the first skimmers to come out with a needle wheel attachment for the impellor.. i saw them at koi country (the wholesaler) near humansdorp about 4 years ago when i went to buy stock there.. they fitted the hydor pump which was the recomended pump to use on them at the time..

personally if funds allow by all means look at a TS2 or recuirc DNW 110 but i do believe this skimmer can still (with the purchase of the right pump and the modification as mentioned) perform.

Im can offer you my Berlin XL with a Eheim 3200 l pump. You can just buy a pin wheel impeller and it would kick ass. Its still prctically new and still in its box.

Im can offer you my Berlin XL with a Eheim 3200 l pump. You can just buy a pin wheel impeller and it would kick ass. Its still prctically new and still in its box.

How much?

Shoo, I dont know make me an offer and we take it from there. I think the pump is the Eheim 1060.

I know the skimmer goes for less than R2000...not sure bout the pump though

R1900 you got a deal. You pay for the shipping. Thats for the skimmer plus pump. I come to Joburg every second week to so we can arrange to meet and pick up.

R1900 you got a deal. You pay for the shipping. Thats for the skimmer plus pump. I come to Joburg every second week to so we can arrange to meet and pick up.

Lemme check the budget so long...but make it an open offer to anyone so long.

Me not in a hurry to get rid of it. Get back to me when you sort your budget out.

Ok Rockford Fosgate. You into sound q or spl. Me J.l. Audio, Audiocontrol. and strictly sound q

Ok Rockford Fosgate. You into sound q or spl. Me J.l. Audio, Audiocontrol. and strictly sound q

lol....ill PM u my mail addy then we can discuss, im sure the guys wont appreciate sound talk on this thread

Back
Top Bottom