RedSea 130D

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Dbercovici, 31 Mar 2012.

1. Dbercovici

Dbercovici

Hi all,

I am considering getting a Marine Fish (switching over from Discuss) & i found a big difference in prices ranging from R8500 - a wooping R12000 for a new RedSea 130D. My questions are 1. Is it worth buying this product to make life easier? 2. What would be a recommended retail price 3. Should i have the opportunity is it viable to buy a second hand one.

Thanks.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. FransSny

FransSny

1. Not sure about the product as such ...never owned one , I like custom tanks personally ...but I see some guys are happy with them.
    2. RRTT , no use in asking as the product pretail price is up to the pet shop owner
    3. Nothing wrong with buying secondhand, just take teh obvious into consideration such as scratches , all equipment working , , as they come in kit form ..what are you not getting etc etc. Also bear in mind secondhand tanks have a very low resale value so dont be conned !

Good luck and WELCOME !!!!

4. Dbercovici

Dbercovici Thread Starter

Thanks, i wish i could find around Sandton an honest retailer that would custom a Marine fish tank for me, i had great luck with my discuss & would like a simple straightforward tank that only requires feeding & water changes & from what i read about Marine upkeep without a proper initiall setup looks like a headache more then a relaxing hobby ....

5. Q89

Q89

The RedSea tank looks awesome, but for that type of money I believe you can get a really proper sized custom tank.

6. Chris Franky

Chris Franky

Hi Dbercovici,

I have recently been through the same process as you with the exact same questions. only i wasn't as patient in changing over. Long story short, If you can make the trip to midrand, there is a very helpful shop there that can custom build you a tank for about R6500 (+-1000L), but all the other equipment is what hurts :eek:

My 5 cents worth

7. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

:welcometomasa2:to MASA...:1:

Recent Posts