For those battling the dreaded cyanobacteria also known as red slime algae, you have probably come across products like Red Slime Stain Remover. To make the process of dosing easier for, the company will be releasing Red Slime Stain Remover NANO that comes with comes with five premeasured dissolving capsules.
Each capsule treats will treat five gallons and therefore one pouch will give you enough to treat 25 gallons. The package will be a resealable waterproof pouch just in case you don’t need the full dose. We can see where this would come in handy and would like to potentially see larger quantities as well for larger aquariums or to have some on hand to treat more than 25 gallons.
Another thing to note, the company added the word “stain” to the product name, but is the same product. Although this product does work well at helping reduce red slime or cyano, there are husbandry and water quality changes that need to be made in tandem. Of course, the may not always get rid the tough cases but as per the new name, does a great job at helping reduce the stains or last little remnants.
No word on pricing and availability but we heard these are in production.
Readers also viewed:
- CyanoControl from Qium is a red slime remover free of antibiotics
- Ultralife Mag-Tastic magnetic holder debuting at MACNA
- The Tank Boss from UltraLife may be your ultimate ATO-in-a-box
- UltraZone Dual from Ultralife Reef Products is a combination UV sterilizer and ozone generator
- Chlorophyll F, a newly discovered photosynthetic pigment uses infrared light
- Chemi Clean Red slime remover ‘liquid professional formula’ says hello to the world