Red sea test Kits?

Never used them myself but from reading the forum they don't seem to be very popular kits, rather spend a bit more and buy one of the trusted brands.

Anyone here use them? Your opinions on them? Should i spend some money buying them?

Been using it since I started in Marines (well, I don's test that much anymore) and never had problems with it, it shows I have phosphates (well the algae is a dead giveaway)

Still uses it from time to time:thumbup:

Have you ever tested the parameters with something more accurate to check if they were right Sean?

I use the "red sea calcium pro" test kit to test my CA levels.
I find it a just as good as the TM and LaMotte calcium test kits.
95% of the time I get the same results when using all 3 these test kits.

Jacques the alkalinity test kit has a horrible chart to compare your results with.
Whatever the result, I could never match it up to a decent dkh rating.
Did the chart change perhaps ?

The one that I used David, worked the following way:
- you added x amount of drops - once the fluid coloration changed from one color to the other (from pink to violet), then you count the number of drops you added. The number of drops determines the alkalinity.

The one that I used David, worked the following way:
- you added x amount of drops - once the fluid coloration changed from one color to the other (from pink to violet), then you count the number of drops you added. The number of drops determines the alkalinity.

Yes now i know what u on about ,I used that before as well.Must say it worked quite well.
I must of been thinking of the PH test kit then.

Back
Top Bottom