Red Sea Skeletol elements I. E. Foundation ABC+

Papitto

PatrickF
Reaction score
Hi Masa members

Has anyone been using this product to supplement their tank?
I had this 5kg bucket and decided I need to use it to dose my SPS dominant cube. I was having issues with dosing kalk via drip because I could not accurately calculate kalk solution bs drip rate bs drip volume. My Alk, CA were out of control so stopped dripping kalk and waited 4 days to test Kh, Ca. Ca was above 500ppm and Kh was below 7.6.

Decided to do the following, which I need to bounce off here as a sanity check.

Day 1.
Tested with salifert'
Ca - 375
Kh - 7
Checked instructions and dumped 60 grams into my sump
Day 2.
Tested again
Ca - 420
Kh - 9.75 ‍♀️
Therefore 60 grams added increased parameters by:
Ca - 45ppm
Kh - 2.75
Therefore 1 gram will increase parameters ny
Ca - 0.75ppm
Kh - 0.045
I then left the tank for 5 days to see what happens with these parameters.
Tested on day 6
Ca - 420
Kh - 7.15
Assumption is I'm not dosing enough powder to maintain Ca and Kh. Like a chemical mirage on the Ca part.
So I have decided to increase Kh to 9 over 7 days using this powder. This is an increase of 1.35 dkh. My daily Kh consumption worked out to 0.52 dkh over the 5 days.
Therefore 1.35 dkh / 7 days = 0.19 dkh/day.
+ daily consumption of 0.52 dkh/day = 0.71 dkh per day.
Using the 1 gram factor, I worked out how much to dose per day for 7 days.
~ 0.71 dkh / 0.045 = 15.7 grams of powder per day.
Once 7 days of dosing is done, I will dose only to maintain the 0.52 dkh daily consumption which works out to 11.5 grams per day. Will test every 2nd day to check if Ca and Kh are increasing as expected using these calculations.
Most guys I've spoken to just look at the buckets instruction table and dump as is states.

Does this make sense and am I missing something

Hi there ive been using it without problems. You do however need to use alk ca and magn seperatly at first to get your para in order before you could use the abc+, because if your three elements is not right it will not help to dose more abc+. In your case your alk is low and calc is high whenever you dose abc+ you also add mag and calc at the same time. Use normal bicarb in ro water to increase your alc then when its at say 12dkh and calc is at 450 then you could add the abc+ daily. The experts can also help here.

Back
Top Bottom