red sea reef foundation products

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by wade jooste, 8 Sep 2011.

1. wade jooste

wade jooste

has anyone used the Red Sea calcium/strontium powder before, anyone please advise me on how to make the solution as I made up some with RO water but the solution was like milk(30g in 1L RO).Adding this to the tank clouds it completly and after a few hours it cleared with lots of residual on the LR.Am I supposed to let it stand like Kalkwasser and only use the liquid above the settled sediment????

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. lIghty

lIghty

I Assume you are talking about the Reef Foundation ABC+?

If so, it should be added dirrectly to the tank, preferably to the sump in a high flow area.

4. lIghty

lIghty

5. wade jooste

wade jooste Thread Starter

the dosage is not the issue,its the milky liquid thats fouling the water that concerns me....Do I dose the SLURRY or the liquid above it.....Ive been using Brightwell Calcium and that mixes to a clear liquid that you pour completely into the sump....I cant do that with the RED SEA Product

6. lIghty

lIghty

I've never used the Ca supplement, only the buffer and ABC+.

I would imagine it should all dissolve, take 1 ltr RO and slow dilute the power until you reach the saturation point and use it like that.

I would imagine the solution would be milky, and perhaps a bit when dosing, but to make the whole tank milky and have residue on the rocks sounds funny. What is the parameters of the tank?

Last edited: 8 Sep 2011
  7. wade jooste

wade jooste Thread Starter

parameters of the tank are within spec...all inhabitants thriving......THE SOLUTION IS WHITE AS MILK NOT JUST SLIGHTLY CLOUDY AND CLOUDS THE TANK (1000 L) THAT U CANT SEE THE BACK PANE OF GLASS.If the solution is left to stand for an hour or so then the sediment/powder settles and then the liquid above is SLIGHTLY CLOUDY......

8. lIghty

lIghty

If you would like some help, them please supply the infomation as requested. When you are ready to post your parameters, let me know!

Recent Posts