Red Sea Max

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by mwdalman, 9 Nov 2009.

1. mwdalman

mwdalman

I have recently acquired a Red Sea Max 130D. I have a few concerns and wonder if anyone else has had similar issues. The first problem is that the inner lamp wiggles itself loose from its fitting after every few openings of the hood. Now I have pushed it in as far as it will go but to no avail, it is tedious task having to open the acrylic cover to re-insert the lamp. The second problem is the protein skimmer - it is awfully noisy and not very efficient compared to the Aqua Medic turboflotor and even the Tunze nano of my other systems. I am of the opinion that the convergent-divergent flow chambers of the RSM skimmer is a flawed design as compared to simpler constructions. Otherwise a quality system with decent looks to boot.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

You could try send a PM to redseasteve who works for Red Sea in the UK, maybe he can offer some advice or tips.

4. lIghty

lIghty

I have setup one of the MAX250 units for a LFS, I thought they are extremely well put together.

As for the light its rather funny, a stupid question, once the tube was in, did you twist to lock it?

I thought the skimmer was very good, the only thing I found is that you have to cut the air down slightly, but not noisy at all, thought the fans were a little noisy but thats all.

5. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

I think the MAX250 is their flagship tank and is purpose built for marines.

6. mwdalman

mwdalman Thread Starter

I have the MAX130d and they use power compacts that fit straight into the housing and do not twist-fit like T5's.

Recent Posts