Red Sea Max 250

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am buying a fully running Red Sea Max 250 complete with livestock. Is there perhaps any experts available on the West Rand willing to assist with advise, etc in thr relocation of the aquarium and re setting it up at my house? I am a complete novice with marine aquaria.

Hi RSM Keeper and welcome to MASA!

You will need enough buckets with lids to hold the 250 liters, rock, substrate, filters and livestock.
Enough hands and a bakkie to move all of this and the tank quickly and safely to your house.
A predetermined spot in your house, a spirit level to check tank before you start filling because once it's full you can't adjust the tank.

Place and scape rocks outside tank, reproduce inside dry tank, add substrate then water then livestock.

Have extra Premixed saltwater on hand, lots. Same temp and salinity and brand to current water.

And then the knowledge to manage a marine tank day to day.

All in all a MASSIVE task for most people with possible dire consequences for live stock and carpets alike.

I hope there's someone close by with a lot of experience willing to help. Maybe the owner?

Thanks Bendor,
Hopefully somebody close by will assist. Luckily the transport distance is only about 15km. I also have a lot of eperience with tropical aquaria. Sounds like this knowledge will be relevant to marine aquiriums as well.

I am sure it will but the move is going to be the least of your problems. Please go have a look in the forums section under beginners as a beginning. The amount of information you need to know is mind boggling. Freshwater really is the tip of the tip of the iceberg. I'm only saying this because I have read enough to realize I don't really know anything yet. The people on this forum are incredibly helpful but the first step is learning to maintain a tank before you actually get the tank. There are so many threads on here where people are trying to fix problems that have to do with standard maintenance. Usually people buy a new tank and cycle it for 6 weeks. This allows you some time to catch up with some of the information and slowly get into it. You're going full tilt from day one. Scary stuff.

One newbie to another. Take it slow. I'm not trying to offend, but you said you're new to marines. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
also do you have a pic of the stocked tank so we can see what fish and corals we are dealing with

I am in Noordheuwel, Krugersdorp. I will post pictures of aquarium and types of livestock shortly.

Back
Top Bottom