Red Sea Berlin XL Skimmer

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by Beachball, 5 Sep 2008.

1. Beachball

Beachball

Can anyone tell me what pump i should run on my berlin XL Skimmer, I am not sure if this pump is the correct for the berlin XL?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

4. IMarine

IMarine

Hi bra the right pump to use is the eheim 1260 pump or if you wanna go a step better get the pin wheel that deltec uses in the eheim pumps the cost is R1300.00 for the pump and pinwheel is R800.00 the other option is get the ts range skimmers by reeftec or reef octopus range or bubble magus the costing for these skimmers range from 1200.00 - R6000.00 or opt for the best deltec,new tunzes,h&s skimmers,bubble king,or bubble master by ati
    goodluck bra

5. Beachball

Beachball Thread Starter

thanks dude

i was given the skimmer with my tank but no pumps so i am just trying to figure what is the right pump for the job!

Thanks for the post's dudes

:peroni:

6. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I had the same problem ,go buy a reefocto needle wheel pump.They only cost about R600 and we all know how happy the reefocto guys are.You will have to remove the venturie from the inlet of your berlin skimmer because it will act as a restriction to the water flow.After thinking about it for a while I took a 12 mm drill and opened the inlet up completly and it made a big difference.If you can find an Aqua-medic pump that goes on the turbo floto skimmer it is also a good match.Also about R600 .

7. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Yup, Eheim 1260 (or the old 1060 model) is perfect.

Keep the connection between the pump and skimmer as short as possible. Before I upgraded I had my 1260 coupled directly to the XL with a male-male threaded reducer - worked very well.

Here you can see how close together the pump and skimmer were.

[​IMG]

Hennie

Recent Posts