I am not a big candy buff but the first thing that came to mind when I saw this awesome bicolor Cynarina is Life Savers® Candy. The even dual coloration of the ring of vessicles around this Cynarina’s mouth looks like the perfect mashup of a green and a red Cynarina, this coral just couldn’t make up its mind.
But like so many other corals before it, the Lifesaver Cynarina shows a near 50/50 blend of a green coral with a red one. Under the white lighting that this Cynarina is pictured, the coral looks downright beautiful, a sure fire winner. But if we saw this coral under our more typical fluo-blue aquarium lighting, making this coral fluoresce a balance of highlighter green and glowing red, why we bet it’s drop-dead gorgeous!
Readers also viewed:
- Showstopping jaguar Indophyllia at Age of Aquariums
- 6-headed Cynarina is a freak of nature
- Reef Octopus Commercial Skimmers, backbone of an industry
- Plectrypops, the binocular fish that looks back at you
- UFO Rainbow Micromussa from ReefMaster Indonesia
- Reefmaster Indonesia scores one of the wildest Echinomorpha
- You’ve never seen a Trachyphyllia like this one
- Meet the Blastomussa vivida, a new blasto species