Red Devil DC pump front housing

Reaction score
Bought a Red Devil pump as a replacement pump for my RO Skimmer April 2015. The front housing has started to pick up fine cracks which has a direct impact on the skimmer performance. Pump is 11 months old. Can i get a replacement part for the Dc 5500 .?

Reaction score
Mukesh be interesting to see if you able to get parts for these pumps as I am seriously considering buying a Red Devil DC5500.
Worrying thought that the housing is cracking up after just 11 months?

Reaction score
i have the Red Devil Dc5500. My pump packed up last year and the supplier couldn't help me due to shipment that was still to arrive. I discovered that the Jebao/Jecod DC6000 uplift pump is an exact replica. All I did was use my pinwheel impeller from the red devil DC5500s pump and venturi. I just run the Jebao on 1 speed as it is too powerful.

What I'm saying is that there are alternative pumps that can be used.

Hope this helps:)

Reaction score
Reef aquatics are the importers of them.
I contacted Andre from Reef Aquatics and I am hoping for some positive results . The metal grommets that the are used on the front housing started to oxidise and thus with expansion caused the cracks.

Reaction score
Ok , the part I need is called a Volute , so if anybody has a stuffed up pump and willing to part with the volute , let me know.