red algea

Reaction score
Hey there. I've got red algea in my tank and do not know how to get rid of it. I have been told to do water changes and i have done so once a month but with no success. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you give a description of your setup, how much livestock, what size skimmer are you using, do you use RO or tap water etc. It sounds like cyno, usually from overfeeding or to little flow.

I've got the 550 boyu tank with the standard boyu filtration system. The two tone florescent light, and a. Big air stone.

I have got one anthias. Hoping to got more fish in the season. I use to have a 4ft tank and never had this problem. I thought being a boyu tank it would have been ok with flow. Lol obvios not and as the feeding goes I give a tiny pinch. But maybe that tiny pinch could be just too much, enough for the bacteria to grow.

I've got the 550 boyu tank with the standard boyu filtration system. The two tone florescent light, and a. Big air stone.

Just reading this , i would like to know why do you have an airstone in your tank? Have you added a powerhead as yet? The spraybar from the Boyo TL550 should be enough water aggitation on top that you won't need an airstone? Or perhaps there is another reason for adding the airstone?
;)

Back
Top Bottom