Recommend which Jeboa R-W I should get?

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Im currently looking into getting two of the new Jeboa R-W range of wave-makers for my tank, but don't know which ones to get.

Tank specs:

1.1m X 550cm x 550cm.

Current flow.

Devil D4000 return pump (4000 L/PH) (return line at center back of tank.)
2 x Sicce voyager 4 with wave surfer (both on left side)
1 x Sunsun 12000 L/PH pump (right side)

I want to eventually remove all the pumps and just have two Jeboa R-W's running on opposite sides.

Any feedback would be great!

Pic of tank, see wave-makers on the sides:

yqDm8iAl.jpg

I would recommend RW8's, nice thing being you can turn down their power if you find them too powerful. I have two RW4's in my nano tank and I think they might be underpowered in a bigger tank like yours.

@madmatt I was not..... I think this RW4 is way under powered in my system, so for yours @kvans go RW8 or bigger. I think I could even do an RW8 in my 115l display comparing the performance to the RW4 at max I will definitely need to get another one.

When I watched the youtube video for these I was really impressed but I'm not getting anything near the flow they were. I was worried the water might come out my tank but theres no risk of that happening.

Last edited:
@trad I have a RW8 in my 4ft 650l tank and and it runs perfect.
Not sure how much flow tour looking for in a nano.

Last edited by a moderator:
guys..remember your flow levels should also depend on what you keeping in your tank ie softies and lps =less flow

sps= never enough flow.lol. jj sps = high flow

@viper357 what speed do you run your two RW4s at in your nano?
They are both on max, one is near the top of the tank to create agitation on the water surface for some nice shimmer in the tank, and also gaseous exchange. The second one is half way down in the tank, but it is also pointing up slightly as it does blow the sand around a bit if it's pointed downwards too much.

Back
Top Bottom