Reckless lfs....

Reaction score
Hi all. I should mention im asking for your opion as I personally do not know if i am over critical so here it goes .I Bought a fish yesterday at one of the bigger petshops in Capetown. The salesperson who caught the fish for me did not remove the rock before trying to catch the fish an in the process dropping the rock ontop of the fish. They put the fish is clear plasic bag and did not even have a darker bag or cover to put the fish in. I asked them can you help me. Sorry sir no. I was uncomfortable with the level of care when they caught the fish but what do I know. The fish i bought is suppose to be hardy.... The fish seemed fine until i had it in my tank. From the little I know a wrasse will go and hide. The little guy dropped to the bottom corner of the tank when i introduced him and stayed there for the whole day. I made sure when I handled the fish I took care. Drip acclimated ect... now my fish is floating belly up in the tank. Again I have to state that I know I might be overreacting

Reaction score
Was it by any chance a petstore that is part of a chain of petstores? I don't think you are overreacting but personally I would have refused to buy the fish if that had happened to me.Anytime you do not feel comfortable with something rather don't go through with it. That's my 2c worth.

Reaction score
Should have left the fish at the store. If a staff member must harm or hurt the fish while catching it that's their problem to deal with.. Not worth the risk. I would take that further with the store manager

Dhasvir

Dash
Reaction score
Had the same problem with my freshwater tank, dropped an Oscar on the floor, couldn't grab for like 2 minutes, then they got it and put it back into the tank. Put it back into the other tank. Told them to not give me that fish. My luck out of the 10 Oscar's in the tank, I got the one that fell again. Came home, acclimated and soon later the fish died with damaged gills.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Yes it's the pet shops fault for dropping the rock on the fish, but it's your fault for buying the fish when you saw that happen and you said you were uncomfortable with the level of care yet you still bought it? I'm sorry but you can't complain that the fish died in your tank.

Reaction score
Yes it's the pet shops fault for dropping the rock on the fish, but it's your fault for buying the fish when you saw that happen and you said you were uncomfortable with the level of care yet you still bought it? I'm sorry but you can't complain that the fish died in your tank.
I have to agree here.

Reaction score
[
I will take that one on the chin and bare the scar for life..... so one learns . Thanks for the feedback all

Last edited:
Top Bottom