Reaper's 5ft System

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I reconed it must be time for me to have an update on my system to the point where it is now. For me it was like setting up a new tank when I moved in August this year, since I had to modify my skimmer, add a bigger sump, redo the aquascaping and replace the old shingle I used as substrate.

We'll start off with the tank and some FTS's:

Tank: 1.5(l) x 500(h) x 450(w)
Sump: 1.4(l) x 320(h) x 450(w) - 4 compartments
Canopy and stand: Home made wood canopy (baught with the tank) with a home made steel stand - anti rust painted. The stand is a 2 meter x 650 - to be able to accomodate a bigger tank when I do want to upgrade...

FTS01.gif

FTS02.gif

Here we have the left side of the tank:

LeftSide.gif

And the right side:

RightSide.gif

Since my last pics, I have installed these MH's - the centre one still not in operation due to a centre brace I have to remove - but the two sides I'm currently using is 150w, 14000k Venture globes. The centre globe is a BLV.

MHs.gif

Then there's the inside canopy lights - 2 4ft T5 actinics and 2 4ft T5 whites (the whites being off at the moment:

T5s.gif

Now for the sump (just 4 Phat)... It consists of 4 compartments, this 1st holding my DIY skimmer. After I had to modify the skimmer to fit under the tank, it's not skimming too well any more, however I think's it's due to the smaller recirculating pump I had to put on. This is one of the upgrades I still need to do.

1stSumpChamber-Skimmer.gif

The second chamber holds the DSB with some Chaeto on it - I still need to add some more LS to the DSB - not deep enough.

2ndSumpChamber-DSB.gif

3rd compartment is the refugium - not too much to say about it, just in need of some more LR:

3rdSumpChamber-Refugium.gif

And the last chamber holds the return pump - a Lifetech 2700l/h pump and the heater:

4thSumpChamber-ReturnPump.gif

Along with the other powerheads in the tank, a Resun 2000l/h, a ViaAqua 1100l/h and a smaller resun (I think about 800l/h), it all boils down to a turnover of approximately 6500l/h for a 350l display.

Right, here's the cabling, still a mess:

TheWiring.gif

On to the life stock - as some of you might remember, I had a nasty tank wipe out a while ago - almost killed my whole tank. This is the only fish I still have that survived it: My Manderin

Manderin.gif

Oh, sorry for the quality in pics - only a little digital "mik en druk" camera - and I think all my fish are camera shy...

Next the Midas Blenny:

MidasBlenny.gif

Powder Blue

PowderBlue.gif

This is another survivor of the disaster - the blue starfish - aproximately 20 to 25 cm

BlueStarfish.gif

The corals:

Brain

Brain.gif

Frogspawn

Frogspawn.gif

Green Mushroom

GreenMushroom.gif

Hulk Montipora

HulkMontipora.gif

Sand Anemony

SandAnemony.gif

Very nice reaper, all your stock looks nice and healthy :thumbup:

Very nice, i really like the rock work, looks good for such a narrow tank. Your live stock looks in superb health. Well done.

Looking good Daniel.

That is one smart canopy... :lol:

The powder blue is looking healthy too.

Yeah, I'm a good builder hey? :razz: :lol: :p

You should see it now with all the new holes for the halides, fans to come, more wires for powerheads, etc. Oh, and the africa theme didn't fit in my previous bar, so I had to redo it to black...

One side still need to be painted tho :whistling:

very sorry to hear dude :crying:

Back
Top Bottom