Really pico

Reaction score
Guys let's see those 4 gallon/20 litre or less tanks with some info on maintenance.i have a 3 g that I started a few weeks ago. I have 2 bubblers for water movement. I don't have any major corals in at the moment but I have big plans for it. 95*%water Change every week for maintenance and I feed the corals the day before.

IMG_20181003_174806.jpg

I also used to run a nano like that a few years ago with big weekly water changes, left just enough water every week so fish were still wet, and it really worked very well. There isn't much bacteria in the water itself, so it doesn't cause a cycle, and you don't really have to test anything but salinity. It was this JBJ nano in 2009:

IMG_6155.JPG

It's for nutrient export and replenishing elements itc. Iv been doing a lot of research about this and following "maritza". This is a jar reef, 6 years and going strong. It's worth a look at if it intrigues you.

I also used to run a nano like that a few years ago with big weekly water changes, left just enough water every week so fish were still wet, and it really worked very well. There isn't much bacteria in the water itself, so it doesn't cause a cycle, and you don't really have to test anything but salinity. It was this JBJ nano in 2009:

IMG_6155.JPG
This looks sick! Iv only just set this up beginning of September, so lots of work still to go into this

What light are you using. I had a 15 liter with a pair of tiny clowns, never ended up adding corals but kinda lus to set it up again

This is the led bulb I am using.

Screenshot_20180829-123909.jpg
I was looking at getting this but them Johan from Improved living recommend I get 1 blue bulb and one white. Looked awesome over the tank when it was set up.

May I ask what did you use to put the bulb in, cause I just had 2 normal bed lamps and it looked awful

I had a fitting that I got off wish that I butchered and made a stand out of an old shelf and some plywood. I will take a pic of that later when I'm home if you wish.

Those cubes look sick! I'm already starting to regret the shape of my tank. Rock placement is stupid and throwing water back in foar a water change is a mess. I keep washing loose frags off the rocks. And it's not even well stocked yet.

I am busy with planning a pico/nano for my bedroom. I have a 25L boyu but thinking of getting something different, these waterbox tanks look amazing, maybe hunt down a red sea max nano.

I have most equipment already, my tunze doc 9001 and care magnet arrived, lighting will be a zetlight 1201-a. All that is needed is an atu.

I had a fitting that I got off wish that I butchered and made a stand out of an old shelf and some plywood. I will take a pic of that later when I'm home if you wish.
Please send a pic?

Back
Top Bottom