Real reef rock

Reaction score
Hi

Could some of the users of the real reef rock (sold by urban marine) please give me some feedback on it?
Wanting to start a new tank and this looks the way to go.

Thanks

Iv read that the coralline from the real reef rocks doesn't spread to other rocks, any truth in this?

Can break this rock to make smaller pieces?
Can you drill it?

you can drill it but with a very fine drill about 4-5mm

its not really corraline so no its not gona spread

Guys just to clarify...the rock has BOTH artificial color AND coralline algae on it....as in the wild with Liverock each piece is different...
The rock is moulded by hand so each piece is different
Then it goes through a process where the rock is dyed with coralline color
Then the rock goes into holding bays filled with artificial salt water and other Real Reef Rock that already has coralline on them for a min of 6 months
The result is rock that comes out 6 months later teaming with beneficial bacteria with coralline algae, artificial color and no hitch hikers
Oh and a guilt free conscience as we never touched a reef to get it...
Lastly it looks great!
Guys new shipment landing on the 17th of this month...will have branch rock in this shipment
Currently have slab and Regular in stock...

211536dce5dc6d62.jpg

Branch Rock...arriving soon

211536dce5dcbb9b.jpg

Slab Rock

211536dce5dd08ac.jpg

Rock ready after 6 months in the holding Bays....note the Macro algae on the rock...

211536dce5dd5569.jpg

Unpacking a Box of Real Reef Rock...full of beneficial Bacteria...coralline algae and life..

211536dce5ddb453.jpg

Rock maturing in the holding bays

Last edited:
that looks awesome could you cut one in half and show us the inside

I have some of this rock from my old system, want to go the acid bath route to get rid of all nasty stuff.

Now the question, would the acid eat of the purple?

don't use Acid......bleach will be fine in a 1 to 10 ratio of bleach to water to kill all the nasty stuff

Back
Top Bottom