Real Ocean salt

Reaction score
Has Real Ocean managed to sort it's salt problem out? A lot of guys were complaining about faulty batches, cyano outbreaks and other problems. I was wondering if this had been rectified?

yes the new shipment of salt will be much better than the previous batches....they sorted the problem out

Hi Tony not too sure if we could have blamed it on the salt only as some found problems and others didnt, most of the people that where having problems changed salts, so would be a good guess

i have only used real ocean, and nano and tanks are fine

Did they unofficially or officially admit they had a problem ?

Good point and Question? Were the problems communicated to the manufacturers or was it as Pete said that some guys had problems and some never?

no they didnt admid anything ....but it is said that the new batches will be better...plus the pro reef is comming in too...so hopefully all will be good again

i also had prolems in my tank with real ocean

but with some of the stock tanks i didn't find any problems with it

Lanzo I am not convinced that it is the salt only as I am still sitting with green cyno on my substrate after a month of useing Tropic Marin

Unofficially yes there was a problem.

well i have spoken to the importer and overseas manufacturer as i both use and sell the product.......with no adverse effects i might add.........kh was a little low....but hay for the price differance i just buffer the kh.

however if a statement like the above is made "unofficially" then some proof needs to be shown or the comment is plain worthless.

i repond to this as, research i have done and questions i have asked my own clients all have come back positive that there is no problem......however because of statements made on the forums.....alot of people have moved away from using real ocean......which in turn has made me personally have to carry 3 differant brands just to accomodate the clients who are not sure.........

its funny though when they clients see the price differance per bucket is between R150 to R250 they just keep taking the real ocean anyway.

as a matter of fact i have 20 buckets of tetra marine salt that i purchased for the very reason in december.....and have only sold 3.

bottom line here is that anyone can jump onto a forum and throw statements about any product....problem is that this may lead to huge repercussions in the future for manufacturers, suppliers , end users etc etc.....so without an OFFICIAL statement from either the importer or manufacturer admitting a major fault (which i personally have asked for and been assured there is none).....to me its all just heresay then.

viva real ocean and thank god for the affordable salt that sure makes my life easy!!!!:yeahdude:

just got off the phone with the importer who has told me the same as lanzo has stated.....
to give the consumer confidence in the product, the next containers will be
lab tested with batch codes, and certificates, this enables he consumer the confidence to buy the product and have the right to ask who-ever he purchases the stock from for a lab analysis certificate of the batch.....

so if or if not there were issues with certain batches in the past......this way one can have piece of mind and have the right to see what quality that one is purchasing in the future.

great news if you ask me.....the more info we cn have on produts e purchase for our systems the better.....kudos

I used real ocean for a while and judging just from the effects on the tank and a couple of tests it actually seemed pretty damn good.

just got off the phone with the importer who has told me the same as lanzo has stated.....
lab tested with batch codes, and certificates, this enables he consumer the confidence to buy the product and have the right to ask who-ever he purchases the stock from for a lab analysis certificate of the batch.....

so if or if not there were issues with certain batches in the past......this way one can have piece of mind and have the right to see what quality that one is purchasing .

great news if you ask me.....the more info we cn have on produts e purchase for our systems the better.....kudos

Sounds great Marco :thumbup:

lab tested

My name is Shaun :p

Back
Top Bottom