Real Life's Cube

Reaction score
Hello All,
Here are a few pics of my Cube. It is a recent upgrade thanks to Tobes. A lot of the stock was previously in a small tank I set up last year. I have made a few additions like the Frogspawn (currently my Fav). I enjoy a mixed tank with SPS and softies. I keep the SPS towards the top and softies a the bottom. I'm trying something new for me in that the tank is BB and I have a lot of Zoos. I'm enjoying these new things and the zoos are great because I can collect new colors as I find them. All of the larger colonies I have had for just over a year. They all started out just as frags. I will post more pics of the Small engine and other things in the days ahead. Thanks for looking. Enjoy!:thumbup:

Tank.jpg

Frogspawn.jpg

Tank3.jpg

Tank2.jpg

That looks amazing Adam, better than when I had it - nice job ;) , really nice :thumbup:

Tell us a bit about the light and water parameters etc.

looking good man.

your zoa collection is insane;)

some pics of engine room plz....you know the dril:p

Very nice Real Life!

Looks great! and I love what you have done with your rock work:thumbup:

Agree, open space all round for flow everywhere with swimming and hiding space - really awesome :thumbup:

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it. Mek the Cap on the right is one of the ones you gave stew. When i was there he gave me a big piece. It is starting to come right. I think it will be a stunner when it develops further. Was it a vibrant green or a military green? (polyps look quite bright)
I will post more pics later and also give the parameters once the Fam goes down for the night.

Finally got PB to work. Below is a pic of the small simple engine and a few of the skimmer. I would appreciate an info on the skimmer. I picked it up from Floh and I can't seem to find any info on it. Sure it is good for my size tank but would like to know more info. Like how it actually works. It is different than other skimmers. Looks like a slightly older tunze. Not sure of the thought behind it. It is working great by the way. I cleaned about 4 hrs ago. Also below is a pic of a shrimp that came on an acro. seems to be happy staying there. Just wondering if it was good or bad.
Tank is 180l (if my metrics are correct?)cube 600x600x500
The sump adds about another 60l
total 240l (correct me if I'm wrong Tobes)
It has been up for about 7 weeks.
Most of the rock and livestock was in another tank for just over a year.
salinty - .026
ph - 8.3
Ca - 475
Alk - 8.4
Don't really measure other stuff. I just go by the look of corals and fish.
2 Tunze stream Nanos
1 Seio 2600
20 Kg rock
250w 14k MH

Livestock
semi
coral banded shrimp
varoius zoas
monti cap
a few frags/ small colonies of picollopora (I think?) Given to me ID would be great
Acan
Frogspawn
2 plating montis
star ployps
handful of hermits
and everybody is pretty happy!;)

engine1.jpg

skimmer.jpg

pump.jpg

shrimp.jpg

zoos.jpg

Thanks for your help!:thumbup:

Nice looking monties;) mine is also alowly coming right(bits of it) but then again a metal halide is better than t5s right? tank is looking good! That frogspawn is awesome! what colour is it? like i mean its a little lighter blue for green frogspawn, that just your lighting compared to mine? if its a totally new species unheard of to the general public i'd love a frag;)

Tank is 180l (if my metrics are correct?)cube 600x600x500
The sump adds about another 60l
total 240l (correct me if I'm wrong Tobes)

Tank is 162litres, height is 500mm yes, but water level is 450mm(if I remember correctly :p ) - 6 x 6 x 4.5 = 162 ;)

That frogspawn is awesome! what colour is it? like i mean its a little lighter blue for green frogspawn, that just your lighting compared to mine?

Thanks! The frog is actually a electric neon green. IT is kind of see thru so it takes on the color of the light. I have only seen one before so when I saw this it burned a whole in my pocket.:)

Sorry forgot to mention that it is no the branching type. IT is very difficult to frag (a long slow process and very risky) so I probably will just let it get HUGE:p

VERY VERY nice, i am impressed indeed.

Back
Top Bottom