REACHED THE END - JsPLAYn / JsREEFn

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by JsPLAYn, 15 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn

Hey everyone... So were do I start..

Ok .. So in march 2010 I started my 1st marine tank,60cm standard tank.. Wasn I jus soooo excited.as usual, I rushed things,without failing I filled up my tank in just under a month lol... Tank got to small and went to a 90cm tank....3mnths later also full then i swoped my out my all male Malawi showtank to a marine reef... 6months later I was offered a 2m from fellow ex-reefer gavin... This is wen the sweat started and expenses went thru the roof lol

In jan 2011 I started her up,tranfered all stock and rock from 900 and 1.2m into 2m tank... I was so excited once again but what was left was an empty tank lol. It was so big I needed much more...over the months ,9 to be exact, I just spent and spent and spent up to R52 000.... Wow in my opinion, I ended up with a pretty awsome system.... But guys,I've decided I have bigger fish to fry(excuse the pun) ... Its now time to move on and concentrate on my family(wife and 2 kids) ... In the market to now buy my 1st house (@ age of 26)

I have sold out everything and now I'm so sad:(,u won't believe,I sold because as the homeowners know, with buying a house comes renovations, and all new expenses I never had, so didn want the tank to become a liability.... Hopefully in the future I will maybe, big maybe setup a new tank in my own home....

So the actual reason for this thread is to bid farewell to all fellow reefers and amazing friends I met along the way.also I have run into quite a bit of trouble on masa so herewith I include a formal apology to everyone affected by my misconduct and arguments.. I have been banned as JsPLAYn, hence given 2nd chance as JsREEFn... And I am very thankfull to the guys responsible...

This hooby will never die in me, I will most probably still go to lfs's lol and browse masa every now and again... I just felt this thread was necesary more for the apology part coz I wouldn just drop out on bad graces or with people disliking me.so I'm not a coward afterall lol... So there you go guys an girls and ..... Lol.... I fare thee well, keep on reefn:yeahdude:

Thanking you
    JsPLAYn/JsREEFn

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

Just before shutting her down
    [​IMG]

4. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

:(..sad news...really hope you pop in on MASA and say Hi to everyone, every once in a while..

5. Helga

Helga

Good luck to you and your family for the future! Hope to see you on MASA now and then. Loosing a fellow reefer and the valuable knowledge that goes with it, is always a loss to the hobby.

6. shaunn

shaunn

talking about money spent i have just reached the R 25 K mark and tank is a small 300L tank

7. oceanic boy

oceanic boy

Keep well reefer.. Good luck to you and your family or the future.. You made the most beautiful decision
    By putting your family first. A lot of people battle making that decision. Today we've all learn a lot about you. Please dont be a stranger.. Keep safe

8. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

Thank u guys and girls..... I've also learnt thru my days in the hobby that all wives seem to be against the hobby... I know now why lol,big ups to Helga,belindamotion and othe ladies in the hobby, like the saying goes,if u can't beat them, join them lol

9. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

Thanks bru.... It took me a while to decide, trust me it ate at me all time thru reefing,but I guess I just got up 1 day, closed my eyes and placed the for sale add, told myself be strong and don't look back... It only struck me the same evening when I got home and 4 cars were waiting for me,BUYERS!!!!... That's when it struck me and it was too late to pull out.. And I knew this is it.this is where the changes starts....

10. Keanan

Keanan 2time

Yo dud whats up? So this day has come.:( Sad indeed bro but like you said, you have bigger fish to fry.
    Regards to the wife and kids and good luck for the future.:)

Last edited: 15 Nov 2011
  11. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

Yo keenan, chilln bru,what's up with u? ..... Yeah yeah yeah. 3rd attempt was for real, I kept putting it up 4 sale, then pull out, but this time it was real, I still get up in the morning and walk to my tank, jus to find a dead wall,I have a tear in my eye right nw,I come home from wrk and walk in expecting to see my fish going crazy for feeding time. Now they all in new home, dude, I feel so lost nw, dunno how long it'll take me,but its like losing a family member or something, its just eating @ me,sitting on my couch looking at a wall wer my once beautifull huge reef stood.... I miss it so much

12. mandarinman

mandarinman

Sad to see you go but we are ready to welcome you back when you cannot fight the urge to start up again

13. Keanan

Keanan 2time

Wishing there was something to do around here lol. Bored as hell lol .... I know how you feel, thats how I felt when I had a bit of a set back with my tank. But keep strong, it will turn out for the best. I just know that when you have settled down with your own house and things that you gona come back with that monster tank you want.

14. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

You read me well Keenan ....lol

15. Keanan

Keanan 2time

:biggrin:

16. Seabass

Seabass

Cheers man, you certainly had a beautiful system. Enjoy your family. Hope you make a return in the near future.

17. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

you know the two of us have had our differences, but it is sad to see you leave the hobby. Learn some restraint and get yourself a smaller tank. You going to miss your fish too much. We all know you will be unhappy without a tank and fishies are good for small kids. Take a while to sort things out with the family and then look at starting up again. You can have success with marines without it controlling your life.

18. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

Thanks dude... I'm hopin to return soon, but I guess it'll be a while

19. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

Not as sad as I am David.... I do have a slight intention to return, but my reason for selling out was more for the fact that I'm purchasing a house and all the strains that follows(renovations etc)..so the tank wouldv had to be mooved and it would become a liability.... So once I am settled in my own home, I will consider starting up,but on a whole diferent but bigger scale... Maybe a 3000l fowlr system .... Mostly automated so less physical maintanance... But hey,only time will tell rite.... In the meanwhile,I will miss it,and already its eating on me

20. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

dude u are very fortunate to be able to have done the things you have at such a young age, Granted i am a wee bit older but the fact that you are getting your own house is a great step in the right direction for the rest of your life.

Insha allah you will start up again but with a simple system that will not take up your time and give u unnecessary stress

21. JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn Thread Starter

AMEEN insha-allah bru.... I worked and still workin real hard to provide, and I just feel as if I did what my passion guided me to do,just at the wrong time in my life,it shouldv came @ a later stage, but I don't regret it and never will, it was an awesum experience in which I learnt a hell of a lot.... So starting up again when the time is right will be a breeze... And if its not,Masa is always there to help....

Recent Posts