Re: Previously unseen ultra sps & intense blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
AWESOME frags mofro! Superbly packaged (they travelled in style ;)) as well; one of the "extra" frags is now 2 frags but other than that those are the most unstressed looking shipped SPS I've seen... The colours are amazing, I hope they stay that way (or at least close) :p

They look like beacons of blue under actinic, and actually kinda under normal lights as well...

Reaction score
pleasure.

Thanks for the compliment, makes it all worth it. Oh and thanks for answering limpit's question about how thy look under actinic lite.:lol:

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Nice. Will see you this weekend to pick up mine Rory.

Thanks Ivan!

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment, makes it all worth it. Oh and thanks for answering limpit's question about how thy look under actinic lite.:lol:
the question was if they were under actinic or not, pref not as was pointed out re frag one which was under actinic, but that is history, the frags still looked great:razz: :razz: :razz:

Reaction score
Why bother....persona non grata.

Reaction score
Ivan, any suggestions on mounting the frags with the tube like branch holder?

At present the units are in-bedded in the substrate, just to get them use to there new lighting enviro, but I would like to mount them high up on the reef soon.

I have the blue and purple colours, going transform my reef soon as they are BIG boys :thumbup:

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
Yeah when I was putting them in the tank I was wondering how freeken awesome would a tank with just a whole LOT of one of those frags look? ;)

Reaction score
Yip, they wedge in between crevices in rocks very well. The coral will encrust whatever part of the plug is exposed, and then encrust onto the rock. The plug is very easy to cut shorter with a sidecutter.

Reaction score
Sure, will do, but no time soon. Only have one small colony and two frags at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.