Urgent help needed rba in trouble

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Chris Makings, 23 Jan 2014.

1. Chris Makings

Chris Makings

Hey guys,

I went to the lfs recently and I have noticed to rba that are in trouble, they have started to bleech, but only just, and they have sold them already, the only problem is they can't get them off the corner they are in,

There marine guy has left them and I want to help the new guy as much as possible, I have even told him to join the site and ask for suggetions and learn, so he can give the right advice to new people starting in the hobby,

I do know they have not been feeding them so I told him to give it some frozen mysis for now,

He is too scared to try get them off with a credit card as they are on the glass so it should be quiet easy to do,

So my question is what else can he try to get them off? Was thinking of a wave maker pointed at them so help? As I do feel that they should not be in the current tank and they need to be moved to there bigger tank that has so much more lighting for them.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zandy

Zandy

Honestly I would rather leave them to settle for now until they are sold. The fact that they already bleached ...I would not put them under too much light for now in an attempt to get them back to health first. There is no need to do any target feeding. Perhaps post a photo as to establish if they are in good health still. By moving them you stand the risk of them being unhappy and walking around. Is the power heads covered with some netting to not be able suck the nennie in?

4. Chris Makings

Chris Makings Thread Starter

thanks for the reply Zandy, the thing is they have been. In the tank for about 2 to 3 weeks and they sold already, and they where full of colour but they losing it now. The only reason the client has not taken them is they can't get them off the corner they are in. So in a way they need to make them a little un happy to get them, I just don't want to see them die in the shops tank. Trying to help them out.

5. Zandy

Zandy

If they are on the glass then it should not be too difficult to remove them. If you stimulate at the foot and can manage to get one small piece lift loose then with your finger you would be able to let them retract and loosen their grip. Pm me where they are held maybe i can pop in to see how they are sitting.

Last edited: 23 Jan 2014
  6. Chris Makings

If you take a normal lfs holding tank for fish, they right at the back in the corner at te top of the tank, have told the guy to join the forum and told him too look out for this thread, but If he does not join then I will go back tomorrow and see if I can get them off, just want to know what will be the best so they don't get hurt.

7. Zandy

Zandy

Great. ..yes I think he should join. .. he can learn so much here. What is concerning to me is that the information is right here yet he doesn't seem to take it....lol. Either way I hope all goes well and let us know what happened. Good luck with it

8. Chris Makings

Well I was only there tonight to have a look a new wave maker and saw them again today, not doing too good, told him to join tonight when he got home, so let's see what happens,

9. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

if he is on the glass, then a credit card will work.

what lights do he have on these systems? Age old T5 tubes. Maybe even single tube?

10. DeanT

DeanT Dean

Totally agree with @RiaanP on this
    Credit card or any card will do the trick

Just get the card tight against the glass and slowly move it
    Eventually there will be enough for you to get your fingers under

Just do it slowly rushing it will cause strain and you could end up tearing the foot - which is bad news

Eventually the will let go

Just be a little patient

Good luck and post pics once you have a chance

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  11. Chris Makings

I am guessing they are under two t5 white globes, I will try and. Go there later today and have a. Look to see if I can get them off, I am just worried about hurting them. But I will try with the credit card and if I don't come right I will let you guys know

12. NO3

NO3

PH ?

whats the ph sitting at?

Recent Posts