Buyers account​
Your location.
Northwest, Klerksdorp​
Price:
Offers welcome​
Photo's:
picture.php
Notes:
Will take better pics tonight, collecting it today, bought the tank and had to buy fish aswell, won't be able to keep in my reef tank. Saw owner feed mussels dangling from piece of fish gut.
1 x Radiata
1 x Med Regular Lionfish(Currently dibs by friend)
1 x Large Regular Lionfish

Welcome to make offers, in meantime i will enjoy my little predator setup:lol:.

PS. My brother inlaw studies in Joburg, and comes down every 2nd week, so can arrange for him to take it with him.​

By feeder fish do you mean it only eats live fish.
Sorry I know its off the sale topic but was just wondering?

Yes, the guy i got him from fed him the odd molly here and there, i've chucked mollies in aswell as they adapt to the salt water and actually live a couple off moment longer than your normal comets...it's pretty evil but what can you do.

@prinesh, i'll do my best and keep you posted, he is really beautiful! Do you have a predator tank???

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup got a 700l with a panther grouper and golden heart trigger I'll be starting a thread on it soon

Guys, you know that the black mollies (among others) can be acclimated to salt water and apparently breed faster in salt than in freshwater. You could just plumb a small tank into your set up and breed mollies for food. Because they will be raised in salt water, they will be a marine fish so they will have the correct vitamins and stuff to be a staple diet :)

Guys, you know that the black mollies (among others) can be acclimated to salt water and apparently breed faster in salt than in freshwater. You could just plumb a small tank into your set up and breed mollies for food. Because they will be raised in salt water, they will be a marine fish so they will have the correct vitamins and stuff to be a staple diet :)
@Tremayn

Sorry dude it does not work like that:lol: u cant make a FW fish a marine fish because it acclimated to SW. Its still FW flesh

Last edited:
Actually mollies come from brackish water. I've seen quite a few mollies in reef tanks :)

They used to be the prime fish used to cycle SW tanks before people realized it wasn't a cool thing to do (cycle tanks with fish). But they can definately live in SW.

Last edited:
no lol.. The ones that are born in the salt water are. There was an article on masa about that

the story is that eventually lion fish or other predators will starve to death if you only feed them fw mollies or other feeder fish as the fw fish has diff amino acids and bla bla. So when the fish is born and raised in sw, it has the correct nutritional value

Ask @herkie, he's had a black molly or 2 living with his lion fish for some time now, 'em mollies must be clever fish to survive living with lionfish, perhaps Herkie feeds them too well and the lions getting lazy to go hunting :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awsome then ill take the radiatta and the small volitans :) wen will u be coming to jhb next? And wats the best price you can give them to me?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom