• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Quotation for Reef tank and Stand

Reaction score
Hi, Im not too sure if i have posted my query in the correct forum. If not, i do apologize and if anyone can help move it it will be appreciated.

I want to get a few quotes for a reef tank and cabinet.

The cabinet must be 800mm in height. I need to insert my 1220x500x500mm sump.

The Main tank dimensions as advised by some of you here must be 1200x600x600 with left side overflow and inlet pump.

Thanks guys.

Galen, i have moved your post to the sponsors request forum, you should get a better response here..

good luck..

@ Galen . Perhaps phone them, They are busy at the shop, and dont always have the time to get to reading e-mail and PM's .

You can also give Idol Marine , Nemos Janitor etc a call for the quotes, they will all be very helpfull, its only sometimes they get a bit busy helping us reefers out to get to the forum.

Sorry if I hi-jacked the thread a bit :blush:

Ive been quoted over 6!!! for THAT?! Ive been quoted R800 for a 4 ft tank alone from someone i know. But i dont want a std 4 ft tank!

I want to get a few quotes for a reef tank and cabinet.

You asked for the the complete unit minus the equipment + a custom size.....It seems within reason....It will most likely be well built and braced, bear that in mind.....a standard 4ft is not braced...nor very well built

Last edited:
Hi Galen

Sorry for not getting back to you yet...please let me know if you still want a price from us?

Hi Submariner. This will be my FIRST official Marine tank. So, im open to suggestions. Initially as per my other posts, i wanted a tank that was 1200x450Wx800H and i was advised to change dimensions to 1200x600x600. Any suggestions regarding layout are welcome.
Lanzo, thanks for getting back to me, i DO know you guys are popular and ALWAYS busy with queries, queries, queries. U only know how often i called you!!! I am still keen on a quote :)

Hi Galen

just my 2 cents, If I was you and looking at going the custom build route, i would consider the size of the space where the tank will go, and then make it as big as possible for the space. Consider more witdh, height i would also not go much over the 600mm to 700mm. If I had to build a new tank, i would love to go 1000mm wide.
Just know that a custom build will cost more, than a stock tank, but the build quality is that much better IMO, and you get what you want.

Back
Top Bottom