Quickphos

Discussion in 'Tunze SA' started by Shaun, 3 Apr 2009.

1. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

Hi George.
    As you know I have been trying the quickphos for a while now and I must say it is great stuff, being Al based I was a bit worried as I know some other manufactures one causes problems with some softies. I must report no adverse effects with softies at all, and in my SPS tank it went from a reading of 0.5 to 0.01 over night so if definitely does work.

My real question is what happens if you forget to take it out or leave it in? I have maintained a reading of 0.01 for sometime now so have not removed it, this has been for a couple of weeks now. Do I just leave it in till I get a higher reading.

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Andreas

Andreas

Well it says remove after two weeks so I would remove it:whistling:
    I have been using it as well and it seems to have stunted the growth of algea so far.So it gets my :thumbup:

4. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

I too have used it for about 2 months. It is indeed good. BUT, I still prefer my PhosGuard.... Dunno why exactly....

5. Shaun

Shaun Thread Starter Retired Moderator

It says after 2 weeks you can increase the quantity.:whistling: RTFM:whistling::whistling:

6. Shaun

PhosGuard is a long term one this is a short term one. Silphos 920 can be compared to it.(I think) You can compare it to that liquid phosphate remover.

7. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Cool! Thanks Shaun for the explanation.

8. Andreas

Andreas

Yip Silphos is the long acting one.

Sorry baas:pI was thinking of reducing the quantity and still removing it after a couple of weeks.The Silphos is slightly more expensive:whistling:

9. Shaun

I think most of the PO4 removers are expensive.

Strange that the stuff does not come with an instruction book, all their hardware comes with detailed instruction manuals, not like other brands.:whistling:

10. George

George Sponsor

Shaun

It is best to take out after 2 weeks as the Aluminium based resin is desighned to bind organic and inorganic phosphate very quickly. If kept in the tank for longer it tends to start leaching out what it has bound. Readings of Po4 is quite important, so the minute they start to rise remove it and then replace with a long acting silphos which is Iron based, the beauty of this is that as it erodes it also replenishes your iron in the tank. Like Popeye the sailor taking spinach for the iron content.

George

11. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

No doubt, this stuff is awsome. I've also been using it from the time I started up my tank and im pleased with the results (visual).

Recent Posts