Quick heads up

Reaction score
I averted an overflow problem this morning, luckily at home :whistling:

One of my Super Tongan Nassarius snails decide to go on a walk about, and these snails are quite happy to go out of water, over the overflow gate he climbed and into my durso. He stopped the flow enough for the auto-top up to kick in and keep fulling up the tank. When I noticed the tank was 25L fuller than it should have been and about 10mm away from overflowing.

I have quickly installed a plastic grid over the durso so these boys can't get in here again.

So keep this in mind if any creatures are able to get into your overflow box

Thats the problem with snails, I've put eggcrate in my overflow to stop these buggers from getting in there.

Had a similar problem. Huge starfish decided to lie in front of the overflow, flooding the tank- hence the reason for the bigger overflow

Thats the problem with snails, I've put eggcrate in my overflow to stop these buggers from getting in there.

Yip I have a gate, which works for the turbos and other algae eaters as they don't like going out of the water, but the Tongan and hermits have no problem exposed to fresh air.

I have a couple of hermits that sit on the gate and pick food out the water column as it flows through the gate.

it happend to me 2 times and my mother nearly killed me, the carpet smelled like"vrot voet" for 3 days:p

just when we think we have it all figured out mother nature throws another brain teazer in the mix... busy fencing off my overflow as soon as i have finished typing this :)

Back
Top Bottom