Question about Marine Mix.

Reaction score
I am currently using your pellets with garlic mixed with Marine mix......i find that they sink at a quick rate and/or stay at the bottom until the fish pick and find it.....
1.) Is there anything i can do (presoak or grind finer?) to get the pellets to float a bit more ?

sorry but this actually has been a prob cos all my fish were started on tetrabits and moved onto Omega One for the last 3 months....and i find they scramble to grab the pellets and once they sink the fish look like they lost the race :)

IMO The pellet in its current form is already perfect. Some float and others sink slowly. I cannot see any advantages of mixing. If feeding alone and any reach the bottom, you are either feeding too quickly or too much.

Use the Omega One sinking pellets as the quick fix for early morning or for small multi feedings during the day. Leave the Marine Mix for the evenings when you can take your time and make sure everthing gets eaten.

Soaking IMO would be an advantage when combining with freeze dried nutrition or when vitamin supplements are fed. Omega One i believe have one of the best freeze dried options available. Only wish i could buy some in Durban.:)

IMO The pellet in its current form is already perfect. Some float and others sink slowly. I cannot see any advantages of mixing. If feeding alone and any reach the bottom, you are either feeding too quickly or too much.

Use the Omega One sinking pellets as the quick fix for early morning or for small multi feedings during the day. Leave the Marine Mix for the evenings when you can take your time and make sure everthing gets eaten.

Soaking IMO would be an advantage when combining with freeze dried nutrition or when vitamin supplements are fed. Omega One i believe have one of the best freeze dried options available. Only wish i could buy some in Durban.:)
so you actually think this stuff is good?? :):thumbup:

i personally dont mind pellets sinking and being missed in the first few minutes as I find slower or more timid fish learn to wait and collect from the bottom quite quickly. My rainers wrasse for example, or the engineer goby. i must chat to warr about getting some omega 1 though:)

Sunburst - ask Northlands as they should have some. If not ask them to order some for you.

We missed the new pellets that OmegaOne lauched on our last order - as the cargo sailed out of NYC we got the email that we can now order it....

a Super Colour Sinking pellet and a Super Colour Kelp sinking pellet.... those two should be GREAT for marines :D

I got my pellets from Northlands as well....sunburst will try ur option of splitting the feed...I have a predominatly Gobi tank and just find some of them are slower when feeding...and the faster chromis or clowns tend to be aggressive after they fall on the floor not allowing them to feed properly....
will try doing a morning pellets and afternoon marine mix split ...thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom