Quarantined Diamond sandsifting goby

Reaction score
It's time to stir up my sandbed a bit and i'm in need of one of these guys

I don't feel like adding sand to my qt tank at this stage. Any LFS out there practicing good quarantine procedures and have sandsifters in stock?

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
If the fish is eating prepared foods in the shop then it will be fine in QT without sand for a couple of weeks, as long as it is eating. Also what you can do is fill up a tupperware tub with a couple of cm's of sand and put it in the tank for him to play in, you'll have to use clean sand so as not to infect your QT tank, but the fish will need to be eating prepared food as there will be nothing for him in the sand. Good luck, they're awesome little fish.

RiaanP

Reaction score
I had one of these and a wrasse in QT a couple of weeks back.
Filled up a small tub with sand from clean system. And they enjoyed it. At the end, most of the sand was outside the tub.

They normally learn quickly to take flakes as well.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Definitely going with the sand tub method.
Any advise on gobies that siphons sand nonstop without moving it around too much?

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Any advise on gobies that siphons sand nonstop without moving it around too much?
Definitely go for the one in the pic you posted, in my experience these ones tend to stay much lower down on the sand when sifting compared to the blue cheeks that swim up and spray the whole tank with sand.

Reaction score
It's time to stir up my sandbed a bit and i'm in need of one of these guys

I don't feel like adding sand to my qt tank at this stage. Any LFS out there practicing good quarantine procedures and have sandsifters in stock?
Phone Hendrik Vermaak at Pet Lovers Faerie Glen +27 (82) 7106048

Top Bottom