Quarantine tank

Reaction score
I have read in most books that a quarantine tank is a must.

What is the cheapest option to set up a quarantine tank and one I can possibly cultivate live rock in?

Thanks

I think a hospital tank is beta than a quarantine tank altho both are beneficial.
A hospital tank shouldn't have any liverock/substrate allowing you to dose meds if necessary and also doesnt harbour any parasites...
Wonder if you could cure liverock in their tho....?

I think a hospital tank is beta than a quarantine tank altho both are beneficial.
A hospital tank shouldn't have any liverock/substrate allowing you to dose meds if necessary and also doesnt harbour any parasites...
Wonder if you could cure liverock in their tho....?

QT tank hospital tank are the same thing, you could use it to cure live rock BUT only if you have never used copper based treatments in it.

I'd say the only difference is a hospital tank is for treating sick fish, whereas QT used to introduce new fish.

I'd say the only difference is a hospital tank is for treating sick fish, whereas QT used to introduce new fish.

As you may need to treat your newly aquired fish for any deseases that it may have (and the very reason you are QTing it) then the QT tank becomes a Hospital tank.

Back
Top Bottom