Urgent help needed Quarantine needed

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Please can someone assist me, i relocated to Cape Town a few months ago and set up a nano.
This morning i noticed my clowns are white which seems like brook.

I have 2 tangs as well, they are fine but i want to remove them from my tank and quarantine them.
The problem is i don't have a quarantine. Please please can someone assist me and keep them for me for a few days

Any help would be appreciated

Well its a 4foot tank and the tangs are very small, so when they do grow i would have to depart with them.

Ok, a 4ft is ok, at least not a nano. Personally I would do daily tank transfer method in about 30-40 liters for 8 days with half dose Waterlife Myxazin, should take care of Brook, then move to an established QT to observe. If it is indeed brook or velvet, you will have to let your tank go without fish for a month or so. If it is white spot, the fallow period has to be 3 months.

Alright thanks hotdog. I am new around here so i don't even know many suppliers and stuff here.
This is so disappointing

You should be able to find Myxazin at most pet shops, it is not exclusive to marine shops. Good luck, it sucks to have sick fish.

Just make sure you aerate the water properly (big airpump with airstone or small flow pump), as Myxazin (and many other meds) lowers oxygen content in water.

Back
Top Bottom