Q's on building my sump

Discussion in 'Anything DIY Related' started by Pads, 14 Aug 2009.

1. Pads

Pads

Hey guys, I'm doing my sketches for my sump before I start putting it together.
    I was wonder what spacing would you suggest between the compartments, baffles and what other than the skimmer/DSB/Return chamber should I try incorporate? The dimensions are 1200 x 400 x 400. Thx

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Travis1

Travis1 (wilsontravy)

also include an ro resevoir, you dnt need too mmany baffles, spaces for the compartments all depend on pump sizes etc.

4. Pads

Pads Thread Starter

Yeah, I reckon I'll put a bucket on the one side and pump my top up in from there. I was wondering on the spaces between the baffles as to the flow and the strength of flow. To ensure good water movement? I don't want to end up with stagnant water. Does a 10mm gap differ in benefit from a 25mm gap? A lot I guess has to do with return pump. How do you ensure that the water from the skimmer flows over the DSB and not only on the surface?

Recent Posts