Putting new tank together

Gemma

Bristleworm
Reaction score
Am back at work now so access to site can continue. I've been having leaking problems thru durso into sump in trying to set up my tank (900x300x600) which i've finally sorted. Luckily testing setup with fresh water first before making things permanent. I will be putting the salt water in this week-end and the arragonite in the sump as DSB. I'll also comission the skimmer and gets things curing from there. I'll be inherating a sun coral as my first addition as well as a little kenyan too. For now my lighting is basic (1 white light). Does anyone see any pro's/con's so far. Once time and money allow I'll get more, better lighting in place.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Gemma - looking forward to some pictures! And please keep us posted with progress updates? Thanks.

Also - you're asking for pro's/con's - what are you intending to keep in this new tank?

DragonReef

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
Nice Gemma, good luck with the setup.

Please make sure that the tank is cycled before adding livestock.

Sun Corals are non photosynthetic and require regular feeding, as in mysis shrimp or similar and can be quite demanding. Do some research on them or ask some questions here if you are not sure ;)