Putting new tank together

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Gemma, 11 Jan 2008.

1. Gemma

Gemma

Am back at work now so access to site can continue. I've been having leaking problems thru durso into sump in trying to set up my tank (900x300x600) which i've finally sorted. Luckily testing setup with fresh water first before making things permanent. I will be putting the salt water in this week-end and the arragonite in the sump as DSB. I'll also comission the skimmer and gets things curing from there. I'll be inherating a sun coral as my first addition as well as a little kenyan too. For now my lighting is basic (1 white light). Does anyone see any pro's/con's so far. Once time and money allow I'll get more, better lighting in place.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Hi Gemma - looking forward to some pictures! And please keep us posted with progress updates? Thanks.

Also - you're asking for pro's/con's - what are you intending to keep in this new tank?

4. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

yes please tell us what else you planning on keeping and pics will be appreciated please ;)

5. DragonReef

DragonReef

Nice Gemma, good luck with the setup.

Please make sure that the tank is cycled before adding livestock.

Sun Corals are non photosynthetic and require regular feeding, as in mysis shrimp or similar and can be quite demanding. Do some research on them or ask some questions here if you are not sure ;)

6. Warr7207

Warr7207

Get the tank going, we want Pics :slayer:

Recent Posts