Punk's RBTA Nano

Reaction score
hey guys, eish i finally setup the nano i bought from galibore!

here's some pics (pls excuse the crappy cell photos)

@ night
IMG00048.gif

DSB/fuge
IMG00049.gif

middle sump with TS1, heater, auto topup & 2 small carbon filters
IMG00051.gif

with cabinet
IMG00052.gif

just waiting for the cycle to finish, shouldn't take too long, i put in mature LR

then i just need 2 of these
BlackPerculaWMC_U28.gif

and 1 of these
DSC_0004-1.gif

cheers
ant

Well planned. I'm sure this will be a sucess. Do you have the RBTA's allready? They are quit difficult to get hold of.

looking good. what is the substrate of the dsb made of?
hello, it's mostly CaribSea sugar-sized oolitic aragonite, i couldn't get hold of any more of this so i had to top off the DSB with a little bit of CaribSea aragamax grand bahama to make up the 150mm DSB, it is very fine with some broken shells in it, shouldn't be too much of a problem as most of the detritus settles down in the middle sump & get's skimmed out there, also the broken shell pieces isn't shaped as to accumulate detritus (mostly flat pieces)...

Well planned. I'm sure this will be a sucess. Do you have the RBTA's allready? They are quit difficult to get hold of.
i'm desperately looking for 1 dude, please shout if any of you know where i can get a semi-healthy specimen

hi guys, how's this for a 1'st attempt at aqua scaping it?

i call it "pile 'o rocks" :lol:

left
IMG00055.gif

right
IMG00053.gif

front
IMG00054.gif

small cave
IMG00056.gif

IMG00057.gif

looks very nice punk, but where is the lr you got from likesfish?
Do you have a thread of your other tank?

Damn fine "pile o rocks" there fella, topped off nicely with a rather large aptasia;)

looking really nice there fella:) BTA are brilliant tank mates and nice to know you have planned what you want in there:) and have the tank cycling away waiting for their introduction. Love the way you have the double sump, nicely done with the canopy too:) And great to see it power head free.

create a good cave for the nennies foot, then let him work out where he wants to be they certainly have a will of their own:)

thanks for the comments and info guys! :)

it's been running for just over a week now with cured LR

there's some minor hair algae coming out now, i'll test the water tonight but i don't think it's finished cycling yet :(

if the water is ok, i might get the RBTA tomorrow if moolis still has one left...
BUT
i was thinking of rather just getting the 2 B/W clowns first and see how they settle?

a RBTA is a big investment and i don't want it dying on me...

what would you guys have done?

cheers
ant

I agree with Warr: Tank params must be stable before thinking of getting the BTA. Once its cycled fully i'd put the clowns in, then still give it a bit of time before getting the nemmie.

If you see a RBTA you love just get the pet shop to keep it for you. All reputable shops do that.

yip fish firts, and then after 6 months youcan add the bta to be on the safe side;)

Don't want to be a killjoy, but I'd even wait before putting the fish in. Until at least a couple of weeks after nitrite tests consistently zero.

But yes, fish first and then let the bio catch up.

Back
Top Bottom