Punk's RBTA Nano

Reaction score
hey guys, eish i finally setup the nano i bought from galibore!

here's some pics (pls excuse the crappy cell photos)

@ night
IMG00048.gif

DSB/fuge
IMG00049.gif

middle sump with TS1, heater, auto topup & 2 small carbon filters
IMG00051.gif

with cabinet
IMG00052.gif

just waiting for the cycle to finish, shouldn't take too long, i put in mature LR

then i just need 2 of these
BlackPerculaWMC_U28.gif

and 1 of these
DSC_0004-1.gif

cheers
ant

Reaction score
Well planned. I'm sure this will be a sucess. Do you have the RBTA's allready? They are quit difficult to get hold of.

Reaction score
looking good. what is the substrate of the dsb made of?
hello, it's mostly CaribSea sugar-sized oolitic aragonite, i couldn't get hold of any more of this so i had to top off the DSB with a little bit of CaribSea aragamax grand bahama to make up the 150mm DSB, it is very fine with some broken shells in it, shouldn't be too much of a problem as most of the detritus settles down in the middle sump & get's skimmed out there, also the broken shell pieces isn't shaped as to accumulate detritus (mostly flat pieces)...

Well planned. I'm sure this will be a sucess. Do you have the RBTA's allready? They are quit difficult to get hold of.
i'm desperately looking for 1 dude, please shout if any of you know where i can get a semi-healthy specimen

Reaction score
hi guys, how's this for a 1'st attempt at aqua scaping it?

i call it "pile 'o rocks" :lol:

left
IMG00055.gif

right
IMG00053.gif

front
IMG00054.gif

small cave
IMG00056.gif

IMG00057.gif

Reaction score
looks very nice punk, but where is the lr you got from likesfish?
Do you have a thread of your other tank?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Damn fine "pile o rocks" there fella, topped off nicely with a rather large aptasia;)

Reaction score
looking really nice there fella:) BTA are brilliant tank mates and nice to know you have planned what you want in there:) and have the tank cycling away waiting for their introduction. Love the way you have the double sump, nicely done with the canopy too:) And great to see it power head free.

create a good cave for the nennies foot, then let him work out where he wants to be they certainly have a will of their own:)

Reaction score
thanks for the comments and info guys! :)

it's been running for just over a week now with cured LR

there's some minor hair algae coming out now, i'll test the water tonight but i don't think it's finished cycling yet :(

if the water is ok, i might get the RBTA tomorrow if moolis still has one left...
BUT
i was thinking of rather just getting the 2 B/W clowns first and see how they settle?

a RBTA is a big investment and i don't want it dying on me...

what would you guys have done?

cheers
ant

Reaction score
I agree with Warr: Tank params must be stable before thinking of getting the BTA. Once its cycled fully i'd put the clowns in, then still give it a bit of time before getting the nemmie.

If you see a RBTA you love just get the pet shop to keep it for you. All reputable shops do that.

Reaction score
yip fish firts, and then after 6 months youcan add the bta to be on the safe side;)

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Don't want to be a killjoy, but I'd even wait before putting the fish in. Until at least a couple of weeks after nitrite tests consistently zero.

But yes, fish first and then let the bio catch up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pufferpunk Medium Tanks 44
Punk Supersized Tanks 288
Punk Coral Pics 8
Punk DIY 111
Punk uncategorised 41