Pumps+sps

Reaction score
If i where to upgrade pumps that are good enough for sps flow in a 24g nano what would be the ideal pumps to upgrade to.
examples pls

Hi Mike - I would go for 3 SEIO M820's or even 3 SEIO M1100's..... This should amount to +-14000 litres per hour maximum......
What lighting would you have over your nano then? around 6 x 39 watt T5's?

jacquesb: isn't 14000L/h a little much for a 90L tank? :)

I'd go for 2 x Seio M620's or 2x M820's (although i think this might be too much for your other corals.

The more the flow the better for growth.I currently have about 63 times turnover in my tank.
Jacques is correct,the flow sounds good.

Jaqcues: he's also got LPS and softies in that tank, not JUST sps

Hi Mike - I would go for 3 SEIO M820's or even 3 SEIO M1100's..... This should amount to +-14000 litres per hour maximum......
What lighting would you have over your nano then? around 6 x 39 watt T5's?
lighting is getting sorted. organizing150watt MH

still trying to find that out right now.I know that the boyu wm1- 28watts puts out
6000-8000. that will be a bit hectic for my softies i think. Still trying to find out about the wm1

still trying to find that out right now.I know that the boyu wm1- 28watts puts out
6000-8000. that will be a bit hectic for my softies i think. Still trying to find out about the wm1
It wouldnt be too hectic.
As Thalion mentioned
"With Clever placement of LR and pumps softies will be fine."

so even the 28watt will be fine. Ps i will probably still go for the 18watt. but that should solve the flow issue with sps
what do you reckon mekaeel?
now i just got to find out how much one boyu wm costs.

look at a vortech you wont be sorry.. expensive but awsome i have one in my 600 cube and it operates well

I really think that 5000L (or similar) flow from a single pump source is going to be too much in his 90L. It's a small tank guys and if the flow is from one source surely it'll be really linear?

Yeah Matt - linear flow is NOT good. Therefor it should definitely rather be multiple pumps pointing in different directions.... This then creates turbulent flow.
BTW: Soft corals actually adapt quite well to very strong flow. And the LPS can indeed be placed in an area where the flow is less..... you will not have the full force of the flow in the tank, EVERYWHERE in the tank. There will be spots where the flow is subdued.

I now have +-79 times my tank volume turnover in my tank (+-650 litres in the display, with +-49000 litres/hour turnover).... And my soft-corals as well as my LPS is doing quite well....

Back
Top Bottom