Urgent help needed Pump blew up in sump

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I need urgent help with salt, i dont have enough salt to do emergency waterchange. My skimmer pump blew up in sump, fish and corals look if they are takening a huge beating. Anything please help.

I am willing to collect. ;(

I need to do about 200l water change, ro water I have... Just need some salt, willing to replace.

I also got a 25l drum of salt and one of RO if you need anymore water over and above what Cocacolaza provided.

Hi Cocacolaza thank you very much, your a star, thank you thank you again.

I might need a little bit more salt, as i need to drain the pump compartment as well, full of pump peaces and blackish stuff. Please let me know, i am in weltervreden park, just behind hillfox.

CokeColoza And tekkengal, thank you so much, you are my heroes. ;)

i did about a 180 l water change, and can now only hope for the best. You guys are legendary. I will post pics of the reef octopus skimmer pump that went, as well as keeping evry one posted. Fish, corals and nenies, took a huge beating... but time will tell.

Thank you to every one willing to help, it comes much appreciated. Please push my button should any one need help... thank you again... ;)

In addition, i will do the balance of 60l on friday eve... sigh...

lesson: pump older than 5 years... REPLACE REPLACE REPLACE...

I just hate those Octopus pumps as none of them ever lasted. The last one was giving a shock and the other tripping the breaker switch. If you ever have to replace get yourself a Hailea pump.

CokeColoza And tekkengal, thank you so much, you are my heroes. ;)

i did about a 180 l water change, and can now only hope for the best. You guys are legendary. I will post pics of the reef octopus skimmer pump that went, as well as keeping evry one posted. Fish, corals and nenies, took a huge beating... but time will tell.

Thank you to every one willing to help, it comes much appreciated. Please push my button should any one need help... thank you again... ;)

Anytime dude!

How is your tank doing now? Hope everything survived!

Hi Guys

lost a tang and a cleaner shrimp, none of softies opening up still, small plate coral now goner as well. Titanse's friend gave me 2 carbon sponges from his Jewel tank, added that about an hour ago, can see softies starting to look happier. Pixius said he will get some carbon tomorrow and add it to tank. It is nearly impossible to get anywhere during the week for me. i am office based 8 to 6 and later. Like i mentioned... sadly and as much as i wish it aint so, time will tell on this one... It is extremely painfull... sigh.

Back
Top Bottom