Pulsing xenia deteriorating

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Maddy, 22 Sep 2014.

1. Maddy

Maddy

My pulsing xenia used to be a nice purple colour but are now more of a brownish colour and I have noticed these small white markings on them. Anyone had this before? Problem is they are on a rock that is holding up half the tank's liverock. :(

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. KAJSafrica

KAJSafrica

some more info and I'm sure someone here can help, water condition, livestock etc

4. CameL

CameL

and preferrably a photo

5. jimilutz

jimilutz

I don't know about the white marks but my Xenia have turned brown when I have put them into my tanks which are not fed due to no fish. I believe they like lots of nutrients. Did you not just get your tank too clean? If you have mushrooms, they might also have shrivelled up a bit?

6. Maddy

Maddy Thread Starter

Sorry guys, forgot to take a pic yesterday, will do so this afternoon. Its actually been over a period of about a month or two that they have slowly been withering away and changing colour. My phosphates and nitrates were quite high and alkaline was too low but this has all been sorted. Phosphates were (a week ago) 0.82 (still too high) but they were 1.25. Nitrates are now 5. I have roughly 8 fish, so theres definitely enough feeding. The only difference I noticed were these little white marks on the xenia all of a sudden that weren't there before. Will try and get them on a pic this afternoon.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Oh and mushrooms and all other corals looking great. Just xenias not healthy.

Recent Posts