Puffers and dwarf angles verses shrimps

Gemma

Bristleworm
Reaction score
In slowly adding stock to my new tank I've alot to learn and consider. I have seen 2 types of fish that appeal but need to know pro's and con's. My tank with sump is 200 litres so I won't be having many fish so I'll have to be picky. The 2 fish are firstly a little black puffer (box looking) with white little dots all over. The 2nd being a dwarf angel blue and yellow. I've been told that they are reef safe but will attack any shrimps i have. I don't have shrimps yet so can still deliberate and decided which way to go. Any ideas from you out there. I also love the look of triggers but think they are a no go.

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
In slowly adding stock to my new tank I've alot to learn and consider. I have seen 2 types of fish that appeal but need to know pro's and con's. My tank with sump is 200 litres so I won't be having many fish so I'll have to be picky. The 2 fish are firstly a little black puffer (box looking) with white little dots all over. The 2nd being a dwarf angel blue and yellow. I've been told that they are reef safe but will attack any shrimps i have. I don't have shrimps yet so can still deliberate and decided which way to go. Any ideas from you out there. I also love the look of triggers but think they are a no go.
Go with a Coral Beauty won't touch your shrimps and very cool fish

cybervic

Damsel
Reaction score
Just make sure of the adult size on the boxie/puffer. Some of them get quite large. They will eat shrimps and crabs.
As Warr said, Coral Beauty is a good choice.

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Is a jumping bean reef safe / invert safe? Will it harass my cleaner shimp?

Alfie

Hawkfish
Reaction score
Brazilian angel has a bit more orange but is about R700 more expensive. You need to be carefull on what you are paying.