PTA Diving schools

Reaction score
Hi guys, going to Kenya and malawi (prob during july) later in the year and need to get my diving licence renewed havent dived in 10 years...only snorkeled (also wife wants to do hers), any one know the good scools in PTA area

not sure about PTA, but all you would need to do is ask about the refresher or discoverer course i think and they do a one day touch up :)

its like riding a bike :)

Frans - one of the bigger and more popular Dive schools, is in Menlyn SHopping mall - Scuba Scene.
Peet (the owner) also owns the Scuba Scene in the shopping mall/business park at the old gym on your way to the gholf driving range (the entrance is opposite Makro's entrance in Centurion).

Alternatively - buy yourself the latest DiveStyle - there are many dive schools that advertise in there - in the back of the Divestyle.....

You can also look on DiveStyle's web-site - I THINK that they might show the dive school advertisement there as well.

There's another dive school in Centurion, called A-H-A Scuba..... I think that they are in Lenchen North road.....

There's another SCUBA diving school in Brooklyn, Pretoria, where the SCUBA diving training pool is - BUT Peet from Scuba Scene also owns this..... :)

Thanks for the info jacques (twice :whistling:)..i live in centurion so will check it out...stupid of me not to think of dive style ....

Only reason i am doing this again is Kenya has :thumbup: reefs and lake malawi has great freshwater diving

Awesome man! Peet's swimming pool in Brooklyn is a very good idea.... either that, or Miracle Waters! :)

And oh - while you at Miracles - write my name on the bus and the airplane - I forgot to do that the last time I dived there ;) LOL!

Last edited:
want to but my cam is Eos 1000D so will have to look into a housing, cam is still new and i havent gotten around to all the "nice 2 haves" (just have std 50 mm lens , 80 mm lens and 300mm) any suggestions viper would be appreciated

BTW: It will be MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper to get a new snap-n-shoot Canon or perhaps Olympus with an underwater housing.... I see that in the latest DiveStyle they are advertising a Sony Cybershot with housing, for around R5500.... (model: DSC-T700)....

Looks great....

For more info - look at IKELITE Underwater Systems....

BTW: ScubaScene's web-site URL: Home | Scuba Scene

AHA Dive Centre: AHA Dive Centre :: Serious diving, Serious fun

There's also Reef Divers: Welcome to Reef Divers (also in Pta)

Or TwoBar Scuba: TwoBar Scuba. Professional scuba training and scuba travel

BTW: It will be MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper to get a new snap-n-shoot Canon or perhaps Olympus with an underwater housing.... I see that in the latest DiveStyle they are advertising a Sony Cybershot with housing, for around R5500.... (model: DSC-T700)....

Looks great....

For more info - look at IKELITE Underwater Systems....

BTW: ScubaScene's web-site URL: Home | Scuba Scene

AHA Dive Centre: AHA Dive Centre :: Serious diving, Serious fun

There's also Reef Divers: Welcome to Reef Divers (also in Pta)

Or TwoBar Scuba: TwoBar Scuba. Professional scuba training and scuba travel

Check those prices !!!!! Will have 2 sell the kids, any offers

Which prices were you talking about Frans? The Ikelites? YES - they are BLOODY EXPENSIVE - average around R12 to R15K for DSLR housings....

That's why I said - perhaps you should rather go for the "snap-n-shoots".... with underwater housings...

Back
Top Bottom