Proud Starfish mommy / daddy

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by MichelleVDM, 28 Jul 2014.

1. MichelleVDM

MichelleVDM

So my brittle starfish had babies... when this happened i am not sure, but when doing a waterchange and some moving around of the rock I found some of the little guys . So now my only concern is, as I am having an issue with some cyano in the tank which i was thinking will clear up with regular waterchanges, what will my alternative be now as I am worried I will lose the little dudes in the waterchanges?

Anyway so pics:

Mom / Dad

[​IMG]

Babas:

Little one i caught off algae ( he is on the right)

[​IMG]

Little arms poking out from the rock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ebi Omer

Ebi Omer

Hi there.

Bristle stars usually come in through corals woth rocks etc.. You shouldn't worry about losing too many imo

4. Gesiggie

Gesiggie Challenge accepted

In general, brittle starfish are quite hardy. They will go with the flow. They will even regenerate a lost limb. So you can continue your water changes as planned, It will not have an adverse effect on them.

5. MichelleVDM

MichelleVDM Thread Starter

Ebi, these corals and rocks have been in my tank for many months, so i think it must've been my star that had them. Thank you for your advice, yours also Gesiggie

6. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

those look like micro-brittle stars, very common and very good to have.
    while i dont believe the larger brittle star had offspring, it would be nice to think so

Recent Posts