protein skimmer trouble

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Theo, 30 Jul 2010.

1. Theo

Theo

hello everyone. i just stated my new 4ft tank with 3ft sump yesterday, and already have problems. I have a boyu DT series protein skimmer, and it is blowing a massive amount of air bubbles out wich my powerhead is pumping into my tank. PLEASE help me!!!!!!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. deadmeat2016

deadmeat2016 Wouter

Those boyu skimmers are great for the price but need some tweaking, try putting filter sponge inside the dischage outlet of the skimmer and the height of the foam in skimmer column is important

4. FransSny

FransSny

Howzit Theo, congrats on your first post . Maybe start a thread under new members and give us an idea of your plans / setup etc.

WRT the skimmer, if it is blowing bubbles at the outlet something is wrong , I have never had this problem (and yes I also had one), I have also seen a few of them in action and never seen this.

As mentioned play around with the setting to tweak the foam hight. Although haveing said that the tank is barely 24 hours old so the skimmer wont really be doing anything. I prefer to leave the skimmer off for the first 2 weeks of cycle period. Also a question...might sound stupid , in which chamber of the sump is the skimmer standing ? Seems strange that there is so many bubbles for the powerhead to suck in

Recent Posts